'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Feedback about Double D trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-08-11 3:13 PM
6 replies, 3681 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

daafy
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-08-09 11:48 PM (#46334)
Subject: Feedback about Double D trailers

Regular

Any one know anything about Double D trailers that are manufactured in NC?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-08-10 12:37 PM (#46355 - in reply to #46334)
Subject: RE: Feedback about Double D trailers

Extreme Veteran

I would also like to hear some feedback on Double D trailers. Have looked at the website and I really like the rear tack design.

RIDE ON!

PaintPony
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-08-10 11:05 PM (#46375 - in reply to #46334)

Veteran

I checked them out a couple of years ago before I bought my new LQ trailer, they're only about an hour from me. Really nice folks, Brad is great to talk to. I had some work done on my trailer there (not a Double D) and wasn't bowled over with their service. Of course I didn't buy the trailer from them so... Their trailers are nice but IMHO a bit overpriced for what they are....in the LQ models anyway. I see a lot of them being pulled to open shows around here and they are really popular with the trail riders. I know a few people that have them and are 100% satisfied with them. Their rear tack option is pretty neat.
daafy
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-08-11 2:04 AM (#46378 - in reply to #46334)

Regular

Thanks for the info.  I like the design of their trailers, but never have seen one in person to check out the workmanship.

I felt the same about the Ponderosa's until I saw one with my own eyes.  Am I glad that I didn't buy one sight unseen.  The welding was sloppy and the paint job horrific.  Lots of sharp, unfinished edges also.

The Double D seems like a well designed trailer, but I am reluctant to buy one without checking out the actual quality.

I agree...they seem a bit pricey but may be worth it if the craftsmanship is good.

Horse Crazy
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-08-11 7:19 AM (#46380 - in reply to #46334)

Regular

Thank You,

I'm glad someone agrees with me re: the Ponderosa. We have one.
Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
PaintPony
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-08-11 2:28 PM (#46403 - in reply to #46378)

Veteran

I'm no expert by any means but I'm pretty picky and didn't really notice any issues like bad welding. I'm sure if you talk to Brad he'll take some close up pictures for you though. If you're looking a trailer without a LQ then I'd recommend them. I just wasn't crazy about the LQs. Since it's a small (and I mean tiny) town family oriented company I think they take a lot of pride in their work.
Rich M.
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-08-11 3:13 PM (#46406 - in reply to #46334)

Veteran

I have a customized Double D that was built for us. Brad was very patient as we sent drawings back and forth and finalized a plan. They worked very hard to get us what we wanted. Overall the quality is very good and I believe a great value for the money. We are very pleased with the living quarters and the installer even called to ask what I expected to see when looking at various walls. This trailer was custom built and not assembly line made. I feel I saved about 5K versus going with a more popular brand ( especially when I found that some brands are just "middle men" charging you for their name and a 3rd party is the builder, a fourth for living quarters, etc.) The paint is very good, the graphics smooth. A few nit picky items, I don't care for the hold opens on the rear doors ( they are nice and heavy doors though) as they are a little weak. A few places I thought the welder was a little hot and left some splatter but nothing other than cosmetics, alot of people would not notice. The horses ride very quiet, good ventilation, and the trailer pulls great, feels like putting feathers on an arrow ( stiff F350 diesel) when towing. We are fully satisfied. Trailer is a 2 horse straight load gooseneck, mid tack, 6' full living quarters ( ok a little tight but fully functional) we need to get into tight spots and it fits the bill perfectly.May be able to send some pics, drop me a line direct if interested. Richard
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)