'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Moving the interior wall?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-08-12 9:09 AM
6 replies, 3056 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

NoSpam
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-04-18 10:15 PM (#24003)
Subject: Moving the interior wall?

Veteran

Well, the trailer is now getting the interior wall moved back to take up the first horse stall, which will easily make room for a bathroom.  That will make the trailer a 3 horse rather than 4, and that will give us 3'3" more of living space.  Has anyone had the interior wall moved, and are there any pitfalls to be very careful about?  We are having a pro welder/fabricator do the work, thought we should do it now while that wall is unfinished...  UGH.  It's more work short term, but definitely less long term.

Thanks!

Michelle

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Reg
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2005-04-19 6:06 AM (#24004 - in reply to #24003)
Subject: RE: Moving the interior wall?

Expert

Originally written by NoSpam on 2005-04-18 10:15 PM

Well, the trailer is now getting the interior wall moved back to take up the first horse stall, which will easily make room for a bathroom. That will make the trailer a 3 horse rather than 4, and that will give us 3'3" more of living space. Has anyone had the interior wall moved, and are there any pitfalls to be very careful about? We are having a pro welder/fabricator do the work, thought we should do it now while that wall is unfinished... UGH. It's more work short term, but definitely less long term.

Thanks!

Michelle

Well, the OUTSIDE is already "finished".
I'd be curious to know how your pro fab person will preserve the outside factory finished appearance. I'm assuming there will be some welding to an ouside wall, probably to both. Your LQ door will probably need to be moved, or be in an odd place if it stays where it is... hmmm.
NoSpam
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-04-19 9:03 AM (#24015 - in reply to #24004)

Veteran

Our trailer is scheduled to have the exterior repainted this Fall, so no worries about that.  The outside is rusty and the factory paint is bubbling off in places (it is about 10 years old).

It will require subfloor work (more steel supports under the wall), but I planned to remove the horse floor and replace it anyway.

I am not sure what to do with the drop down feed window and the manger storage access door...  ????

The LQ door is already in an awkward location - it's about 20" from the oblique slant corner to the door, then about 20" from the door to the next window (which is 30"), then another 20" from window to the GN wall.  Because of the funky layout, we couldn't figure out how to fit a functional shower in our LQ area without putting it over a window.  By making the LQ area larger, we can fit a prefab slant shower very nicely into one of the new corners.

Happy Trails,

Michelle

MBRA518
Reg. Sep 2004
Posted 2005-04-19 10:56 AM (#24021 - in reply to #24015)

Extreme Veteran

Originally written by NoSpam on 2005-04-19 10:03 AM

I am not sure what to do with the drop down feed window and the manger storage access door...  ????

Happy Trails,

Michelle

I think you have two options - the obvious - just cover it up; or you could build an storage area that you either access from only the outside - or from inside as well. Could come in handy for things like hoses or extension cords (wouldn't have to lug mud through the LQ on rainy days) Or any other number of things you need storage for, grain maybe or brushes, barbecues....

NoSpam
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-04-19 7:18 PM (#24042 - in reply to #24021)

Veteran

Thanks for the idea of making a closet space.  That might work!

Happy Trails,

Michelle

NoSpam
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2005-04-20 9:35 AM (#24052 - in reply to #24042)

Veteran

I wanted to say Thanks Again for the suggestions.  I looked at the trailer last night, and considered leaving the wall, removing the first manger, and installing a shower and a large coat/clothing closet in that first stall instead.  That would also work very well, and it's much simpler to implement.  Might take out the first divider and weld in tubing framework so I can put in a safe, insulated wall and door.

Anyway, that's why I asked - so I could get some different ideas than my own...  I uploaded another floorplan of how it might go.

Happy Trails,

Michelle

daafy
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-08-12 9:09 AM (#46452 - in reply to #24003)

Regular

Could you simply put a door in the existiing wall leading from the dressing room to the first stall?  Then maybe  "add" a new wall in place of the first stall divider.  Or better yet, replace the first stall divider with a stud wall,   allowing access from the dressing room or the horse area while maintaining privacy.

I would think that adding a wall would be alot easier than moving one back.  Plus you would have a seperate, private bathroom which can double as a storage area, or even still be used as a stall for hauling a fourth horse. Providing a stud wall is added as opposed to a permanent wall for first stall.

I would leave the drop down window for ventalation...just put up a mini blind or something similar.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)