'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
has anyone ridden at Ceasar Creek in Ohio

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-05-08 6:32 AM
6 replies, 4146 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cpoeppelman
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-21 9:50 PM (#119148)
Subject: has anyone ridden at Ceasar Creek in Ohio

New User

has anyone ridden at ceaser creek? did you like it ? how were the trails? how about the campgrounds? Thanks in advance
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
honor
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2010-04-22 1:45 PM (#119198 - in reply to #119148)
Subject: RE: has anyone ridden at Ceasar Creek in Ohio

Regular

I haven't ridden at Ceasar Creek for a couple of years but from what I heard, it hasn't improved much. Doesn't have hardly any side trails so you basically ride out and come back and can be muddy. East Fork is a lot better and has so much more trails and better scenery but there too you have to wait until we get a good long dry spell. It will also hold water due to overuse and all the clay ground. Hocking Hills is probably one of my favorites and it has some of the most awesome scenery that you won't believe you are in Ohio. Waterfalls, rock formations and caves to ride in. There is a real nice place close to Wilmington that is a privately owned but the trails are well-maintained and drain well. Enough for probably a half of days riding. Go to horseandmuletrails.com and pull up Ohio and they will have the directions on there.
cpoeppelman
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2010-04-22 8:53 PM (#119215 - in reply to #119148)

New User

Thanks, I have been to hocking quite a few times and i agree it is awesome i was just looking for another place to ride that isn't too far to drive. I've been to Hueston woods so many times i think I know the trails by heart. How about Brown County IN anyone have any good or bad thoughts about that?
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-04-24 8:46 AM (#119296 - in reply to #119148)

Veteran

brown co. has some nice trails. I think it's expensive,they charge for your vehicle if your out of state, you have to buy bridle tags also. I always say go once then you'll know if you like it. We did, liked it but won't go back probably.
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2010-04-24 8:48 AM (#119298 - in reply to #119148)

Veteran

brown co. has some nice trails. I think it's expensive,they charge for your vehicle if your out of state, you have to buy bridle tags also. I always say go once then you'll know if you like it. We did, liked it but won't go back probably.
TPompei
Reg. Jan 2011
Posted 2010-04-26 5:07 AM (#119360 - in reply to #119148)

Paint Creek State Park near Bainbridge, OH is nice for a change of pace. You might enjoy Zaleski State Park west of Athens, OH: lots of trails there. You'll want to haul in your own horse water there. Also, Shawnee near Portsmouth Ohio is nice. www.horsetraildirectory.com has good information. So does: www.horseandmuletrails.com You can also find trail maps at http://www.ohiohorsemanscouncil.com/Trail%20Info%20page%20items/tra...
dbelling
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2010-05-08 6:32 AM (#119901 - in reply to #119148)

Regular

I overnight at Ceasars Creek on the way to somewhere else....I have ridden the trails just to exercise my horse but it is never my destination for a trail ride.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)