'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
4' lq price?? My 1st post so be gentle ;)

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-11-17 8:26 PM
6 replies, 3614 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Jovi
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2009-11-12 9:22 PM (#113109)
Subject: 4' lq price?? My 1st post so be gentle ;)

Hi!I'm located in Australia and importing a horse trailer. My budget is $20,000ish. What price is a 4' LQ conversion?I'm looking for a 2 horse slant load either gn or bumper with a dressing room. Either has to have the personal door on the USA drivers side of the trailer.I've been toying with a few options. Either get the shell shipped here and put in the lq or have it done in the USA minus the appliances (different voltages but can get the same here in the Ozzie voltage. Personally I would prefer it done in the USA, your LQ's are STUNNING!I've narrowed it down to Logan, Titan, Elite, Adam, Hart, 4star and Featherlite. I like the features, they get mostly good review on the forum and they can change the doors. (Not the Titan HUT) I need lightweight.Can anyone give me a rough idea how much it costs to put in a 4' shortwall conversion?Do you have any other reputable trailer manufacturer recommendations? (Yes I am aware the warranty will be an issue, all sorted)(Please don't suggest buying for an agent or distributor in Australia, been there done that and not happy)Thanks so much guys and gals!!!!!CheersLee

Edited by Jovi 2009-11-12 9:28 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2009-11-12 10:19 PM (#113113 - in reply to #113109)
Subject: RE: 4' lq price?? My 1st post so be gentle ;)

Expert

A well equipped 4' Sierra "Weekender", with toilet, shower, heaters etc. of a modest decor costs ~$10,000. Add that to your shell with some shipping costs, and your budget will be strained.

Most trailers that have a LQ installed with a 4' short wall, use the driver's side for their doorway placement. Some trailers that only use the space as a dressing room, will have the doors on the long wall, or curb side.

I might suggest a good used trailer. You've mentioned several brands that work well and have good reputations.

Gard

Jovi
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2009-11-12 11:05 PM (#113115 - in reply to #113109)

Thanks Gard! I've considered buying used but the electrics are an issue since we're different voltages. We're 240 volt and our gas/propane setups are different. As much as I would love a used unit I'd have to replace the electrics and gas and I think it would be pricey. The other issue would be the quarantine issues for a used unit, not quite sure they would let me bring it in.This link is considered the top of the range bumper pulls here.http://www.stallionfloats.com.au/kitchen.htmlI'd consider the B model.Thanks for reply!!CheersLee
DD_TrailerMan
Reg. Jul 2008
Posted 2009-11-13 11:37 AM (#113129 - in reply to #113115)

Veteran

Double D Trailers manufactures and sells many trailers for export to Australia.  Some Australia regulations are different than US regulations.

Sent you a private message with some of the different regulations.  I am not sure buying used would be an option without a major overhaul.

Bartley Heath
bartley@DoubleDTrailers.com
Buy Factory Direct at DoubleDTrailers.com

Edited by DD_TrailerMan 2009-11-13 11:47 AM
horsecamper
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2009-11-16 12:33 PM (#113229 - in reply to #113109)

Veteran

Lee,  One possible option would be to contact Don Johnson Trailer Sales, www. thetrailerplace.com.  They are located in Walla Walla, Washington, USA. I know that they have shipped a trailer to Australia at least once before. They advertise on this site.  See ad number 12082 to see one of their Featherlite 6 foot LQ's (JR Interior). I have the same 6 foot LQ, but a two horse and I am very happy with both the trailer and the LQ. The LQ's are custom built in Cove, Oregon and are very nice.  I have several reasons to suggest Don Johnson's to you: I have done business with them several times and they know what they are doing and are trustworthy. They sell high volume and offer some of the best deals around on new trailers. The LQ's are custom and you could get as partial an LQ as you desired. I'm curious, if you went the partial,  would the US piping, wiring and circuit breaker panel be an issue?   If your truck can pull a GN OK, I'd go for the GN for a good place to sleep.  Your budget is tight for an aluminum GN. Hart, Elite and 4 Star are high end.  Featherlite is more in the mid price range for all aluminum.  Logan is aluminum over steel if you have no objection to that.  Best of Luck to you. 

buyshadow
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-11-16 2:13 PM (#113233 - in reply to #113109)

Regular

Hi there! We have the perfect trailer just for you! 2H GN LQ that we can ship! I am going to send you a PM! Michele WWW.BUYSHADOW.COM
Jovi
Reg. Nov 2009
Posted 2009-11-17 8:26 PM (#113313 - in reply to #113109)

I'm still looking! Thanks everyone for all your input.

I've narrowed it down to a gn with 8' sw bare bones.

I'll bring it over and purchase all the materials and light fittings in the USA.

Again thanks!

Cheers

Lee :)

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'