'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Merhow AlumaStar vs. Verylite

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-07-02 8:26 AM
6 replies, 9234 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Rich M.
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2007-06-19 12:07 PM (#62479)
Subject: Merhow AlumaStar vs. Verylite

Veteran

Anyone know the differences between these two models. I looked at the specs. on their site but still not clear. I gather the AlumaStar construction is a little different?. I get the impression it's a "lesser" model?. Certainly can't hardly find a bad comment about any Merhow though.Thanks in advance, Rich.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
jmprgirl
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-06-19 2:03 PM (#62493 - in reply to #62479)
Subject: RE: Merhow AlumaStar vs. Verylite

Rich-There are quite a few differences between the Alumastar and the Verylite, but quality is not one of them. The frame is built the same, with the same material and standards as the Verylite, but it does not include as many features and options as the Verylite.The Alumastar only come 7' Tall and 7' Wide. It only comes in 3 and 4 Horse models. It is available as a dressing room trailer, or a 4', 6' or 8' Short Wall.The Alumastar comes with a 30x20 drop down window instead of the 32x26. The dividers are solid instead of air-flow, and have the old style drop pin latch instead of the slam latch. The butt bar and chest bar (on the escape door) is a nylon webbed strap instead of a padded all aluminum bar. The outside latches on the trailer are the old swing hasp, instead of the new style cam lock. The extruded side metal is run only in the horse area of the trailer instead of the full length of the trailer as on the Verylite.The Verylite LQ Chassis also comes standard with LED lights, but the Alumastar does not. The Verylite LQ Chassis also has a stud divider, graphics package, lockable aluminum battery box, stainless steel nose, and adjustable saddle tree. These features are not standard on the Alumastar.The Alumastar is Merhow's economy model, with limited options available, while the Verylite is top of the line and fully customizable.Hope this was helpful.
djesse
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2007-06-19 2:38 PM (#62496 - in reply to #62479)

Jmprgrl. Do you think you could give me some jumping lessons?
jdzaharia
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2007-06-19 2:50 PM (#62500 - in reply to #62479)

Extreme Veteran

I have looked at Merhows pretty hard lately, and I think jmprgirl summarized it pretty well.  I think the quality of construction on the AlumaStar is probably fine, but I am rather unimpressed with it.  The Verylite is very nice and has a lot of little things that the AlumaStar lacks.

Rich M.
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2007-06-29 9:23 PM (#63133 - in reply to #62479)

Veteran

Now I'm confused, there is an equilite too?. It's not listed on the Merhow site, is it still made or a new model and the website needs updating ? Arrgghh. Rich
rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2007-06-30 9:41 PM (#63150 - in reply to #62479)

Rich

The Equilite was discontinued when the EquiStar and AlumaStar were introduced.

You might look at the assortment of Merhows on the Diamond J inventory on this site.

Edited by rose 2007-06-30 9:44 PM
jmprgirl
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-07-02 8:26 AM (#63179 - in reply to #62479)

The Equilite is an Equistar with an aluminum floor and aluminum dividers. Merhow quit using the name "Equilite" and just made the floor and dividers an upgrade on the Equistar. It was a little confusing apparently. I think they quit using the name at the end of '05 or early '06.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)