'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Hi! Anyone have a Trails West Trailer?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-01-25 10:29 PM
6 replies, 4886 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

JDA
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-22 7:18 PM (#54278)
Subject: Hi! Anyone have a Trails West Trailer?

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on Trails West trailers??
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
dallye
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2007-01-22 11:14 PM (#54306 - in reply to #54278)
Subject: RE: Hi! Anyone have a Trails West Trailer?

I have owned one, and they are the best steel trailer out there, go to your local dealership and see the workmanship of the entire trailer!  I'm sure you wouldn't be disipointed!  Again there wonderful, very well built trailers!
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-01-23 1:43 PM (#54350 - in reply to #54278)

Elite Veteran

Hi there, Not sure what kind of Trails West you are looking at. But here is my opinion. I bought a 2006 two horse Adventure MX II to use as a day trailer instead of hauling my Elite LQ trailer to local horse trails. I have been very happy with the construction of the trailer not to mention the 6'9" width and 7' height. The windows are a little lightly constructed  compared to my Elite, but heck the cost of the trailer is 95% less of the price of the Elite.

The trailer was even hit by a tornado after three weeks of owning it. I didn't even have a chance to haul a horse in it. A 10x12 outbuilding filled with equipment slammed into the back of it. It suffered a small dent above the brake light and a huge scratch on the door. The auto repair shop was able to pull the dent and fix the paint. That is the other great thing about the trailer. The awesome paint and aluminum roof which includes roof vents. The only thing I don't like is the rubber on the walls. It is very soft and the first stall wall that shares the tack area has torn from horses braceing against the bottom. I prefer a more durable hard rubber for the walls. So, We are going to add 2 foot section of a stall mat to the bottom wall to provide more strength.  We have owned several steel trailers such as Titan, WW, and Ponderora, but really like the available options and excellent welds that are on the Trails West. I think you will be very pleased with the Trails West should you decide to purchase one.

JDA
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-01-23 11:05 PM (#54391 - in reply to #54278)

Oh good ... I'm feeling much better after reading your comments! Obviously, it's our first trailer and of course we would like it to last forever  Anyway, thanks for your time expressing your thoughts!!!!
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-01-24 8:31 AM (#54403 - in reply to #54278)

Expert

I had a 3H GN Trails West I bought new. It was a pretty good trailer for the price. I did have paint start to peel off the nose of the nose neck but I guess thats paint for you. I was concerned about rust so i sold it for a almunium. In our climate and weather, I just didn't want to deal with a rusty steel trailer in a few years.
LFEquines
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2007-01-24 9:17 PM (#54452 - in reply to #54278)

I owned a 1996 2 horse BP. It was a great trailer, sold it to upgrade to GN. I wish I never sold it.
SLICKRNSNOT
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2007-01-25 10:29 PM (#54516 - in reply to #54278)

Elite Veteran

I have had 2 trails west trailers and loved each of them.I traded in My 01 4 horse GN trailer on a 06 10X15 lq with angleed mid tack and slide 3 horse.I got more than I originaly paid for my trade in than I paid for it!

I have used My lq trailer quite a bit and really enjoy it.I had a small problem with water leaking into the area under the manger. It was a quick fix with a little calk.They pull great. I took the first one up into the steep mountains of eastern Oregon and camped for 2 weeks hunting.When i left I forgot a can of pop sitting on the water tank in the dressing area, I figured after the long drive down the rough steep road it would be all over.When I stoped at the bottom to check My horses and gear the pop was still sitting in the same place! Thats smooth riden.

Good luck and have fun!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)