'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Poll Steel Trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-12 1:27 PM
6 replies, 3187 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

PammieSue
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-05-05 3:02 PM (#41336)
Subject: Steel Trailers

I may buy a new 2h BP steel/galvaneal trailer but wondering about the different makes. Looking at CM, Bee, WW. Anyone have any comments about these or any other steel/galvaneal trailers that would be of help to me.
Would mainly use for short trips and trail rides.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cowpony01
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-05-05 5:21 PM (#41342 - in reply to #41336)
Subject: RE: Steel Trailers

Extreme Veteran

I absolutely love my '95 2h slant steel gooseneck, Logan Competitor. These are far and few between to find. They are either with their original owners or sell fast. The paint on mine is still in awesome shape, and for me being the 3rd owner, and I'm sure it's seen lot of horses, it isn't horse beat. We are fixing the tack/sleeping area due to the last people that had it, didn't caulk the fan vent well and water leaked into all the insulation, but it's on it's way to an awesome recovery! I like the Logans in general, they've been around awhile and they seem to hold up very well!
bobbi'smom
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-05-07 7:15 PM (#41399 - in reply to #41336)

I agree about the older Logan trailers. We sold our 1989 3 horse slant load just this year. It was a great trailer but heavy. We went to aluminum. My logan had a ramp and it was just getting to be to hard for me to lift that heavy ramp. We replaced the springs but it did not help much. The rusting was minimal. Hubby took very good care of that trailer. looked like new when we sold it and got a great price for it.

the new Logan/steel galvanised we did not like at all. The floor is wood and with the moisture coming up through the wood floor it was like you were in a shower when you stepped into it. Also the old Logan quality was just not there. I heard a rumor they sold the company.

We purchased a steel/alum Sundowner and are happy with it so far. This forum will be the first to know if we start having problems with it.

I also like the trails west steel trailers. They are getting a fine reputation here in wet western washington for holding up to all the moisture.

good luck in your search.

Edited by bobbi'smom 2006-05-07 7:21 PM
Cloud9
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-05-11 7:53 PM (#41622 - in reply to #41336)

Extreme Veteran

We have a 2006 Bison gn. It is "galvaneal" steel frame with aluminum skin. It's out second Bison. Had a 2003 w/ 8ft lq that we traded on this one, which is 10 ft short wall and has a slide out - what an amazing difference the slide out makes. It's like a dance floor in there. The 2003 had no signs of rust anywhere and we probably had put 25,000 miles on it. Travelled from PA to the Black Hills, Wisconsin to Tennesse.
Concrete
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-05-12 6:18 AM (#41628 - in reply to #41336)

We have a 2006 American Spirit, steel Alum skin. Have only had it a few months. So far we love it. They'er made here in Indiana, I've been through the factory and was very impressed. All the folks at AS are great, and the trailer is a real good value.

We have only had steel, and they held up fine. Alum is nice but I figure we saved around $5,000 to $6,000 with this AS. With a little TLC this should last a long time.

Edited by Concrete 2006-05-12 6:20 AM
barry
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-05-12 7:11 AM (#41630 - in reply to #41336)

Veteran

I've owned several steel 2 horse regular and stock trailers. I currently have the 3HS CM Dakota. It came with drop downs windows & bars on the head side, plexiglass on the butt side, collap. rear tack, front dressing room, floor mats, and other stuff required by law. The saddle rack can be moved from the collapsible tack to the front dressing room. The center support on the double rear doors can be removed for full width loading. Paint quality is good. All hinges are greasable, etc. It's a 2005 and I paid $5995 at Oklahoma Trailer Sales in Caldera OK. I don't think you can beat it.
PS. I have no connection with OTS - just bought the trailer there and that's the last time I spoke with them.
dblhocker
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-05-12 1:27 PM (#41638 - in reply to #41336)

Regular

I feel Titan also makes a very good steel trailer.  Their paint process is excellent, and they use galvaneal steel.  I bought a new 2003 Titan Renegade in the fall of 2002 and sold it this spring for $300 less than I paid for it.  While we tried to take good care of it, it set outside all of the time, and had little or no rust on it.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)