'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Observations: Getting ready for our first show of the season . . .

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-03 8:42 AM
6 replies, 3038 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

RollinPonies
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-05-01 8:25 PM (#41176)
Subject: Observations: Getting ready for our first show of the season . . .

Veteran

Well, Wifey and the other ladies at the stable started stressing preparing for their first show of the season.  Things will be hoppin’ around here for a while . . .

All the horse husbands are well trained: We have been tuning up the hardware (checking brakes, bearings, etc) My friend, and fellow horse husband, Bill has been obsessing over every moment of the upcoming trip: which road to take, what time to head out, how many hay bales to take . . . there is no point of minutiae to small to discuss in depth!  This is his first haul with his new diesel but you would think that he is a test pilot for a new jet fighter prototype!

The ladies (ALL the riders are ladies) have been grooming the hair off of the horses; if the horses see one more lady come at them with a brush I am afraid they will run out of the barn and head for Montana. The riders are memorizing test patterns (no, not the ones on television) and buying out the local tack shops & Walmart. I may have to put the pay check on direct deposit at those two stores!  Those boots are being polished for the first time in months, the professional braiders have been scheduled, hotel reservations have been made. Riding britches and gloves have been bleached and blued. All the paper work has been submitted.

I just hope that we have enough cold beer to get the horse husbands through all the “standing around” time.

Wish us all luck!

roll on

PS - Terri S check for PM

Edited by RollinPonies 2006-05-01 8:46 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
arroyoseccofarm
Reg. Apr 2004
Posted 2006-05-01 9:20 PM (#41177 - in reply to #41176)
Subject: RE: Observations: Getting ready for our first show of the season . . .

Veteran

Rollin,

We'll be there too.  How will we know you?  Since you passed on the Blue Moon trailer what will you be pulling?

MIfarmbabe
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2006-05-02 6:53 AM (#41184 - in reply to #41176)

Extreme Veteran

I'm jealous! Sounds like a fun time! Good luck to your wife!!

Safe traveling!

Cloud9
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-05-02 2:58 PM (#41206 - in reply to #41176)

Extreme Veteran

Rollin' - Forget all the horse stuff. Wifey will say you did it all wrong, anyway. The important question is -How big of a cooler are you taking for the beer. Or, have you figured how to get a kegger or two into the truck bed. You can feed the hose through where your rear window used to be.

When your buddy figgers out the way to go, just stck the hose in yer mouth and tag along. Try to get Wifey to ride with the buddy and his wife. You'll find out the truck rides much quieter.
RollinPonies
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-05-03 6:16 AM (#41226 - in reply to #41206)

Veteran

Cloud,

I don't do the riding and she doesn't do the hauling (unless I have business travel that keeps me tied up)

Works pretty well that way.  All the husbands get to use the hauling chariots (honking diesel pickups) and tow something, drink a little beer, tell a few jokes and have dinner with our friends at the local IHOP or whatever is available.  All in all a fun weekend.  There are millions of funny stories that I hope to put in a book someday.

This trip is a little different:  I am on the road with business and I don't get back home in time to caravan up to the show on Friday. One of them will pick me up at the OKC airport Friday PM.  I'll miss the Thursday "stress attacks" and the Friday caravan . . . and probably some new material for the book.

roll on

RollinPonies
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-05-03 6:19 AM (#41227 - in reply to #41177)

Veteran

Arroyosecco,

If you are there you will be able to recognize us:  We'll be the ones laughing and having a good time!  Look for the frosty mugs.

roll on

Cloud9
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-05-03 8:42 AM (#41233 - in reply to #41176)

Extreme Veteran

Rollin - That's the way to "do" a dressage show. My wife rode dressage for 25 yrs. I'd try to help her get evertything together. But was a lot of work and never done right. If there was a golf course near, I'd go play 9 holes. We didn't stay overnight. That'd been nice to camp out with friends. Now we trail ride. It's a lot less stress.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)