'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cabins at Deams Lake in So Indiana

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-05-01 12:02 PM
6 replies, 14490 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ClaudiaIN
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2011-03-21 8:42 AM (#131911)
Subject: Cabins at Deams Lake in So Indiana

Veteran

The horse campground at Deams Lake in Southern Indiana is putting up 3 very nice cabins in the horse camping area-- they have some really nice stalls also--

2 of the 3 cabins overlook the lake-- you can see some of the stalls in the background-- about 100-125 yards away

They  have done so much work and put so much money into this campground in the past few years-- it's really nice.

It would be a great place for a 3 or so day get together.    Electric at each site-- water every couple of sites.

Nice bath/shower houses also. 

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2011-03-21 1:43 PM (#131930 - in reply to #131911)
Subject: RE: Cabins at Deams Lake in So Indiana

hi Claudia
Nice pictures
TheOtherHorse
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2011-03-21 8:31 PM (#131949 - in reply to #131911)

Regular

Looks great! Deam Lake is on our list for this spring... There are sites where you can keep your horses on a high line there, right?
ClaudiaIN
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2011-03-22 1:38 PM (#131984 - in reply to #131949)

Veteran

It's not really a "hi line"-- they have hitching posts-- that look like a football goal and have "loops" near the top so you can hi tie them-  they might let you put up a picket line-- I'm not sure
TheOtherHorse
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2011-03-22 7:14 PM (#131992 - in reply to #131911)

Regular

Oh, like the ones at O'Bannon? Those are fine, as long as the horses can stay on the site with us. I hate keeping them in stalls away from our trailer :)
runrun3
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2011-04-13 11:28 PM (#132981 - in reply to #131911)

New User

Hi Claudia,

At Deam, Horsemen are not allowed to picket line horses. The reason is horses are to be kept on the gravel/lime pads with the hitch rails that have been put in at each campsite. If one is to rent a cabin by the lake, the horses must go in a stall. The cabins are primitive - what I understand is no mattress are gonna be put in them, no electric at this time. Hopefully the electric will be available soon. The comfort stations are being renovated with one or two already done. Water will be turned on by the May holiday weekend. The pictures are really nice! The lake looks peaceful. When all is said and done, this campground will really be a nice one. 16

BF
TheOtherHorse
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2011-05-01 12:02 PM (#133715 - in reply to #131911)

Regular

I went for a day ride at Deam Lake yesterday, and I was very impressed with the trails and the campground. I thought I'd report back in case anyone else was curious about it. The barns in the campground are very nice, and the sites where you can keep your horse on the hitching rails are nice also, with crushed stonedust around the hitching rail so it won't get muddy. The trails that we rode were mostly gravel and wide enough to ride side by side. Pretty views and enough hills to keep it interesting, but the trails we rode did not have any challenging terrain, though I was told that other trails do. The new maps are color coded and easy to navigate with well marked trails. The trails were dry and no mud, despite it raining here for the past 3 weeks (everywhere else is VERY muddy). Perfect place to ride this time of year. There's tons more trails than we rode in one day (we only did 11.5 miles), enough for a few days easily. I think we'll be back to camp there in a couple weeks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)