'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Dometic Fridge/freezer problem

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-10-23 10:39 AM
6 replies, 3597 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

diggerdoo
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-12 12:32 PM (#111764)
Subject: Dometic Fridge/freezer problem

Veteran

Cooling wise, this unit works great....it's the auto function that is driving me crazy.  When I'm plugged in, it doesn't want to switch to AC.  Sometimes it goes back and forth, but mostly it likes to just stay on gas.  I like to turn my LP tanks off at night, and sometimes it just won't go to electric.  I'm thinking this is just a problem with the control panel part.  Has anyone else had this problem? I had a hard time keeping it on this past weekend. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
TPompei
Reg. Jan 2011
Posted 2009-10-13 5:06 AM (#111791 - in reply to #111764)
Subject: RE: Dometic Fridge/freezer problem

When I've had that problem, I always found it to be a power issue, like a tripped GCFI or blown/tripped fuse/circuit breaker. You can confirm power is getting to the refrigerator by opening the panel outside behind the unit and testing the ac socket with a voltage tester. If you have power and it still doesn't switch over, it is most likely your circuit board. That is about a $140 part. If you don't have a tester, plug something in there you know works like a utility light or margarita blender...I'm surprised how many campsites I've been to that have electrical wiring problems. That can really wreak havoc with the electronics of your accessories....like the margarita blender!

Edited by TPompei 2009-10-13 5:09 AM
Ncatanz
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2009-10-13 6:37 AM (#111792 - in reply to #111764)

Veteran

LOL  Magarita blender!  Now that is something I normally don't keep in my trailer.  But seriously folks.  I seem to have the same problem with my Dometic Fridge,  I will get out my volt\ohm meter,  I mean Magarita blender and test the circuit next time I have a chance.

diggerdoo
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-13 8:51 AM (#111796 - in reply to #111791)

Veteran

Would a tripped breaker/blown fuse, etc.  still let it be switching back and forth, or would it just not work, period?  It would flicker between gas/elec occasionally, then sometimes I would come back to the trailer, and it would be on AC, then next time gas.  I will check out the socket tonight, I'll take the blender out there as soon I get it washed out 
sdlepalpm
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2009-10-16 7:17 PM (#111962 - in reply to #111764)

Veteran

If you have the mode set on aux. to go either gas or electric it will go to the highest power source.  So if it won't stay on electric you probably don't have enough electrical   power surge coming thru to your unit.  We keep ours on this way when we are at home and plugged into electric inside the garage to save on the gas.  
diggerdoo
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2009-10-22 12:06 PM (#112232 - in reply to #111962)

Veteran

This is exactly what I was thinking, because it will be fine until I turn something else on, like the TV, then it switches over to gas.  The problem is, when I turn everything else off, it still doesn't want to go back to electric.  I can even shut my LP tanks off and sometimes it will just stay on check. 
sdlepalpm
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2009-10-23 10:39 AM (#112278 - in reply to #111764)

Veteran

Hi Digger, I just thought of something.  When you have frig. mode on aux for either elec. or propane and it won't reset when the electric comes back up to par, you have to hit the off button and then reset to aux. mode.  Try that and see if it works.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)