'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
medium-duty trucks

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-09-08 10:21 AM
6 replies, 4007 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

3turnsfarm
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2008-09-05 10:24 AM (#91026)
Subject: medium-duty trucks

I'm in the market for a new truck and am hesitant to buy a new one from any of the big 3. I have a 99 F350 dually currently, but we're creeping up on 300,000 miles. I recently bought a 5H trailer with 14' LQ. The dually handles it fine, but with the newer trucks having problems I have been thinking about buying a used Freightliner or International. My question is, how would you suggest financing one?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-09-05 10:30 AM (#91027 - in reply to #91026)
Subject: RE: medium-duty trucks

Extreme Veteran

I'm not sure about financing but you can get a lot of info about using medium and heavy trucks here http://escapees.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x . I wish I had known more about the heavy trucks before I got a MDT.
oldbronco
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2008-09-05 4:53 PM (#91045 - in reply to #91026)

New User

Don't know if you've found someone to finance but here's an option. We have our MDT up for sale (see my webpage) and received a phone call and an email from this company telling us to pass on the info if anyone was interested. Don't know anything about them but you might give them a try.

EAGLE ONE FINANCIAL CORPORATION (www.eagleonefin.com) can assist a buyer with the financing of their truck purchase from you with attractive loan structures. Unlike most banks, Eagle One Financial provides financing for Private Party Sales ( seller is not a truck dealer ) which will be necessary with your truck sale since you are not a dealer.

windy
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2008-09-05 11:51 PM (#91059 - in reply to #91045)

Old Bronco, your truck is set up very well!

As far as financing one of these trucks, I have a couple of sources- I can give you contact info next week. Some credit unions will finance these kind of trucks, however most will not. Credit union money is usually some of the least expensive. Your own bank would be the next option I would check. If you don't have any luck there, then I'd look to the finance companies.

Bill

dextergirl
Reg. Aug 2008
Posted 2008-09-06 10:43 PM (#91089 - in reply to #91026)

New User

I just purchased a medium duty truck (Chevy Kodiak C5500) last year.  It is completely customized, and my bank financed it without a problem! 

The problems that I ran into was with the secretary of state office and insurance.  The secretary of state office wanted me to plate it as a commercial truck, which it is not.  The only way they let me plate it private was that it had a 10' custom dually bed on the back.  If it had a hauling bed or some other kind of setup they were going to make me pay for commercial plates and have a CDL to drive it!

I had to insure it commercial though, b/c there was no place that would touch it as a regular vehicle b/c it was so big.  The funny thing is that it is worth 10 times what my F350 is worth, they both have full coverage and the F350 costs more to insure!

It was all worth it though......I LOVE MY KODIAK!!!!! 

ssutton111
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2008-09-07 9:41 AM (#91095 - in reply to #91026)

New User

Explorer RV in ohio will insure medium dutys and the rates are great!!
Judy K
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2008-09-08 10:21 AM (#91131 - in reply to #91089)

Veteran

Hi dextergirl - I'm considering either a Kodiak or a Topkick truck - would you
please contact me privately.....I live in the Port Huron, Michigan area - have been talking to a guy at PatsyLou Chevrolet in Flint - would like to "pick" your brain!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)