'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
BSF (Tenn.) East Fork, Bandy Creek, Honey Creek?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-29 2:10 PM
5 replies, 3779 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

galsgottaride
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-05-22 3:30 PM (#84486)
Subject: BSF (Tenn.) East Fork, Bandy Creek, Honey Creek?

Veteran

Alot about BSF lately, but "word has it" that it is awsome! I'm planning a week to go there in July and want info on which to select (above). It is my first trip there, so you "camp experts" point me in a direction. I will be coming from Asheville, N.C. area...need trailer friendly routes for these LQ's. Would like to have camp with sewer hookups at the site(don't want much, do I??!!!) Tell you, these LQ's will spoil you fast!! Can't wait, thought...Those Tennessee hills are really spectacular.

Edited by galsgottaride 2008-05-22 3:37 PM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
dixie
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-05-22 4:26 PM (#84489 - in reply to #84486)
Subject: RE: BSF (Tenn.) East Fork, Bandy Creek, Honey Creek?

Veteran

I prefer Honey Creek myself, but you won't have sewer hook up. Actually I don't think East Fork or Bandy has them if either does it would be Bandy. I just like the campground at Honey Creek better Bandy is too much like rv camping, but it is very nice. The riding at Honey Creek can be a little more challenging than at Bandy and East Fork offers a little of everything on the trails, but the campsites aren't much. You also can't beat Jeff and everyone at Honey Creek they're great people.
element
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2008-05-22 5:54 PM (#84497 - in reply to #84486)

Veteran

East Fork has sewer hook-ups and it is a great place for riding. You might want to get reservations now as they usally feel up. They have stalls and all. We love East Fork. Can't tell you route from Carolina's but if you call them they will. Ride On!
iCE CRM
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-05-24 8:13 AM (#84595 - in reply to #84497)

Extreme Veteran

Bandy Creek has the nicest campground but does not have dump at campsite. Eastfork has some campsites with dumps in A campground. Great place to ride no matter where you stay.
awesomeabby
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2008-05-28 5:06 PM (#84830 - in reply to #84486)

Hey gals, when are you going in July? We are planning our first trip there in July also. We will arrive on the 5th and will stay a week. We're staying at Honey Creek. Maybe we'll see each other.
mud_dog
Reg. Dec 2004
Posted 2008-05-29 2:10 PM (#84860 - in reply to #84486)

Regular

Don't get confused.  East Fork is a private campground, and although it is on the Cuberland Plateau, it is not in the Big South Fork National Recreation area.  I highly recommend Bandy Creek, because it has the best campground, barns, is more reasonably priced than East Fork, much more miles of trails than East Fork, and of all the campgrounds in the Big South Fork, Bandy Creek has the most trail access.  It is located in the center of the park, and you can ride out into several directions.  All of the other campgrounds are located on the edge of the park and only have access to one trailhead, or you must trailer to the other trails.  Bandy Creek is a Class "A" campground, and although is doesn't have sewer hookups, it does have a dumpstation.  All of the campsites there are level, paved, with a picknick table and access to several nice clean bath houses. Oh water and electric also.

Take I-40 to the Jamestown exit and access Big south Fork from there.  Do not go through Onieda, if you can help it.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)