'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Appliance mismatch in LQ

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-12-23 11:35 AM
5 replies, 4272 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

CrazyAgain
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2007-11-28 6:30 PM (#72016)
Subject: Appliance mismatch in LQ

Can anyone tell me why manufactures go to all the trouble to make a nice LQ trailer and then use a gray/black lined fridge and a white stove or any other color microwave? I see the insides of some where nothing actually matches.

Okay, I know there is much more to a trailer than the color scheme but uffda(in my MN accent)this is something that it seems would be easy to control. It makes me wonder what other details that are less visible are not a priority.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-11-28 10:41 PM (#72026 - in reply to #72016)
Subject: RE: Appliance mismatch in LQ

Expert

When we were shopping for a new trailer, we went to three conversion companies to price interiors and learn about the availability of various products. At that time there were three colour choices in appliances, black, white and stainless. At two of the places we were not given our choice of colours. When asked why, we were told that it was because they only stocked one colour. When we objected and pressed the issue, we learned that they got a better deal from the manufacturer, if the conversion companies bought in bulk and one colour.

The other company would install anything available, but in some instances charge almost double their standard price, because of the inconvenience of having to place "special orders".

When shopping for a LQ interior, the process is similar to the purchase of a new home. Everything usually is chosen by the purchaser; cabinets, counter top materials, fabrics, floor covering, wall colours, types of appliances etc. etc. But appliance colour choices seem to be dictated by the installers.

It basically boils down to what the company has on hand when your trailer's LQ is built and what they were able to buy at the best price. You, the person paying a king's ransom, has the least say in what you will receive.

If you are looking at a used trailer, it may be that one or more of the appliances has failed or were upgraded and replaced. I've seen this concerning microwaves and cook tops.

BOL  Gard

Edited by gard 2007-11-29 8:32 AM
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-11-28 11:19 PM (#72027 - in reply to #72026)

Expert

And I guess we were just lucky,Gard,when we got our trailers with Sierra interiors.I'm very pleased with mine.How about you?

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-11-28 11:27 PM (#72028 - in reply to #72016)

Expert

Everything works, looks great and has a matching colour. The interior is well equipped, attractive and comfortable. Couldn't be more pleased.

BOL  Gard

wyndancer
Reg. Apr 2007
Posted 2007-11-29 10:59 AM (#72041 - in reply to #72016)

Extreme Veteran

Assuming that the manufacturer of the appliances is the same, then they should match in color, but I would think that LQ companies quick quite accustomed to working with appliances in which they have known dimensions to work with. ie: they get comfortable working with xyz brand.
equyne
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2007-12-23 11:35 AM (#73315 - in reply to #72016)

New User

Appliance paint is cheap and easy to use for refrigerator and microwave.  Also, you can change the door panels for many of the refrigerators, often with white on one side and black on the other, so check yours.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)