'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
opinions on Exiss trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-08-29 8:21 PM
5 replies, 3399 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

jdman
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-08-29 3:38 PM (#66745)
Subject: opinions on Exiss trailers

Would like to hear opinions on 2000 model Exiss trailers with living quarters. Good or bad. Thanks, Nick
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-08-29 4:12 PM (#66746 - in reply to #66745)
Subject: RE: opinions on Exiss trailers

Expert

Is it the specific year model you are wondering about,or,just Exiss trailers in general?

jdman
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-08-29 4:31 PM (#66749 - in reply to #66745)

well, really just Exiss trailers in general. I just did a search and found alot of opinions. I take it you like yoursThanks for replying. Nick
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-08-29 6:33 PM (#66755 - in reply to #66749)

Expert

Here goes: another Exiss thread that will probably get ugly before it is over with.

We DO love our Exiss trailer.I'm not being critical ahead of time,or being a strict Exiss fan.We would have a Hart if money were no object,we also love 4Star.But,money wise,we could not afford the same general trailer and certainly the superior living quarters conversion we have in those other trailers I mentioned.

We traded a Platinum that was a great trailer,but,not tall or wide enough.It made an otherwise real nice conversion cramped to say the least.We looked at this Exiss in late Oct.last year,and put a deposit on it,went home,and the dealer was just the best ever.That is another reason we bought it.The Platinum dealer was a bunch of idiots.Our Exiss dealer (Jim's in Cuba,MO) is exceptional.

We are not heavy haulers,I.E.Every weekend long distance or on a show circuit.We are strictly recreational trail riders.We have found that for the money (and it was not a cheap trailer by anybody's means,really,I don't believe) we couldn't have done better.

I take it you have read the various Exiss threads,one of which I stated my opinions frequently and strongly.You will find problems in every trailer sold.They are made by human hands,after all.I can't speak for the Exiss Sport model,I do not own one or ever have.We have a 3H Event with a 12'shortwall,and the conversion is by Sierra.We are very pleased with ours.

Incidentally,it has sat outside quiet a bit,and it DOES not leak.

Edited by crowleysridgegirl 2007-08-29 6:35 PM
farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2007-08-29 7:38 PM (#66762 - in reply to #66745)

Expert

I have a 2000 Exiss event and it been a terrific trailer- got it at a good price and its been solid and dependable. The LG was after market and homedone ( and very well done at that) I can't complain at all about this trailer. I'd buy it again.
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-08-29 8:21 PM (#66771 - in reply to #66745)

Expert

We have a 2000 Exiss event 3 horse, 4' shortwall with a Sierra weekender. It is well built, reliable, does not leak and I'm very pleased and happy as an owner. We also have a Sidekick, 13' lq, center tack, three horse that we are also very satisified with owning.

Check in the forum search about the many positive responses that are made about Exiss event models. I would NOT buy an Exiss sport. I personally have looked at over 100 trailers of dozens of manufacturers at QH Congress and other venues. I have compared apples, oranges and every type of fruit. Regardless of price, Exiss will remain one of my favorites.

It may not be the best brand, I don't think there is such a thing, but an Event Exiss equipped the way you want it, will not disappoint you.

Look at every brand you can. Look underneath at the frames, compare the axle ratings, rear door hinges, divider latches, welds, floor structure and hardware, All the new trailers look great, it's after a few years of ownership that the good ones prevail and continue to please the owners.

Best of luck with your search

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)