'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
trailer buying suggestions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-11-09 3:02 PM
5 replies, 3035 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

a2e2
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2006-11-08 2:31 PM (#51268)
Subject: trailer buying suggestions

I am getting ready to buy a two horse slant BP trailer and would like to spend under $10k. I will use it to go to local shows and trail rides about twice a month to haul my Arab mare. My thinking is I don't want to over buy on a trailer that won't get that much use. On the other hand, this will probably be the only trailer I buy so I would like it to last at least ten years. The options I want are: slant load, step up, werm or rumber flooring, padding, tack room with swing out saddle, easy latches. The trailer needs good insulation because when I will be using it in the summer and spring in Calif it gets hot (70 to over 100). I am not sure whether to get all enclosed windows. Some one told me since the trailer will be stored outside birds or other things might try to nest in it.

I believe because of my budget I can only afford a steel trailer.

Can you give me trailer brand suggestions that are also good to deal with for service or repairs? Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RoperChick
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2006-11-08 3:32 PM (#51273 - in reply to #51268)
Subject: RE: trailer buying suggestions

Veteran

We had a two horse slant Logan bumper pull before my Exiss, we were very happy with it.  I have a friend who has one that is about 9 years old, it is starting to rust a little, but it's been a great trailer for her.

Yes, in the spring, birds love to make nests in trailers.

Edited by RoperChick 2006-11-08 3:33 PM
SHMANN
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-11-08 7:36 PM (#51280 - in reply to #51268)

Veteran

Have you tried "window" shopping on this site?  I think you can find many new, and almost new trailers in that price range  - and many are aluminum over steel frames.  I also shop Ebay frequently, just look out for the scams on there.

farmbabe
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-11-09 7:33 AM (#51293 - in reply to #51268)

Expert

There are quite a few good, well bulit trailers within your price range. I had a Trails West GN for a while. Not bad for the price. Keep your options open for a good used trailer, you might get more for your money that way.

shequila16
Reg. Oct 2006
Posted 2006-11-09 9:06 AM (#51297 - in reply to #51268)

Regular

Check out the Titan trailers on this site.  You can get a 3-horse bumper pull, which is only 300 lbs. heavier but has a lot more room.  We LOVE ours!!
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2006-11-09 3:02 PM (#51308 - in reply to #51268)

Elite Veteran

I'll second the Logans.   I've bought two, both less than a year old.  The first one had horses in it 3x when I bought it, still smelled new, then I upgraded to a living quarters trailer and found another Logan that had been used 10x and the living quarters very lightly used - plastic was still on the mattress.   You can find one to two year old trailers for alot less than new, let someone else depreciate the trailer and you get more for your dollar. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)