'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
The Ultimate Ride at Dupont Forest North Carolina

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-08-16 5:07 PM
5 replies, 3650 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

sable812
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-08-16 10:27 AM (#46725)
Subject: The Ultimate Ride at Dupont Forest North Carolina

Veteran

Dana has run off another group.  This time it is my friends.  A group I ride with from TN, MS, AL all met at the Ultimate Ride.  There were 14 campsites taken, a full house for Dana.  I didn't go becasue I would have to take my 3 dogs with me and Dana charges $25 non returnable deposit each on all dogs.  My dogs total weight for the 3 of them is 32 pounds.  I am thrilled I did not go.  My camping bill before Dana's add ons would have been $350 from Sunday through Thursday.  Quite Pricy considering she has no dump for gray or black water, no trash recepticles.  ( she fines you for dumping gray water.  I guess she expects you to pull out and go dump, then drive in her curvy roads and park again.)

When my friends had ask me about this place to camp I told them about the reputation of dissatisfied customers it had.  The lady that organized the ride came up before the ride to check it out.  Dana was nice and helpful.  It seemed she had changed.  NOT SO.

The group arrived Sunday.  Dana started in on them on Sunday.  By Monday some in the group were ready to leave but they couldn't.  They had plans to cater food for almost everyday.  They were stuck.  Finally she ws so awful to them that they left early anyway and lost their catering deposits. 

Don't go here.  I feel sorry for the ride planner who was fooled by Dana when she went on her scouting trip. 

The group got charged for damaging trails, damaging the camp, parking by the barn to unload grain, etc. 

This group is not the damaging kind of riders.  They  loved the riding but Dana ruined it all.    Dana and her whip!!

Edited by sable812 2006-08-16 10:37 AM
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
mingiz
Reg. Jul 2004
Posted 2006-08-16 12:40 PM (#46737 - in reply to #46725)
Subject: RE: The Ultimate Ride at Dupont Forest North Carolina

Elite Veteran

WOW that's just terrible. Well word of mouth is her reputation. If she treats all groups that way she won't have a business very long. It's a shame people act that way. There aren't many horse camps around and surely you don't want to go to be nit picked at one your paying alot to use. When everyone left they should of opened thier drains on the way out...LOL
sable812
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-08-16 12:42 PM (#46738 - in reply to #46725)

Veteran

opening their drains would have been a great idea. 

SLICKRNSNOT
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-08-16 3:21 PM (#46757 - in reply to #46725)

Elite Veteran

This is the kind of crap that ruins alot of fun,people like that need to get real and knock it off.

Sometimes it's hard to get over it.

Tree huggin horse.

sable812
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-08-16 5:05 PM (#46767 - in reply to #46757)

Veteran

I believe the picture you sent is of an eventing horse who did not clear the jump.  I don't think eventers camp and ride trails.
sable812
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-08-16 5:07 PM (#46768 - in reply to #46725)

Veteran

I reread you  post.  My first read was as if the picture depicted someone who camped.  NOw I don't think so.  I wonder how they got the horse free??
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)