'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Kiefer-Built trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-03-06 3:16 PM
5 replies, 5204 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Zoe
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-03-02 6:54 PM (#117178)
Subject: Kiefer-Built trailers

Regular

Looking at a 05 Keifer-Built Genesis with 10" shortwall LQ in really good condition with lots of extras.  I know they have been around pretty long but don't know much about their reputation & was wondering if they are up there with Elite, Exciss, Platinum or are they more middle of the line.  Are they all aluminum?  We trail ride and sometimes are parked in fields, etc. so I don't want to go over 24' on the box and want one that rides high enough I don't have to worry about it bottoming out & replacing tanks.  Any input would be appreciated. 
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-03-02 7:27 PM (#117182 - in reply to #117178)
Subject: RE: Kiefer-Built trailers

Expert

The Genesis models are all aluminum and have an eight year structural warranty. They are generally considered to be some of the better made, "middle of the road " trailers. Their owners generally have been quite pleased, and are reporting few problems.

Many conversion companies have installed interiors in these trailers. Some use different sized and shaped holding tanks, and run their plumbing inside or closer to the frame. Different interior companies will dictate the resulting ground clearance, within the same model trailer.

The trailer will have 16" tires and Dexter axles, which are common to most other trailers of that size. The resulting ground clearance under the axles, will be very similar to other trailers.

Zoe
Reg. Feb 2010
Posted 2010-03-03 12:21 PM (#117208 - in reply to #117178)

Regular

Thanks, Gard. I have been reading the forum for quite some time and appreciate your input as I notice you seem to be very savvy about trucks, trailers, etc. so I value your opionion. I think this is a great website and have learned alot just reading the threads and people sharing their experiences, good & bad. I recently decided to join but as you probably noticed, I entered my inquiry under Camp & Trail and it should have been under Trailer Talk so I'm still finding my way around.
onemileatatime
Reg. Apr 2009
Posted 2010-03-03 12:30 PM (#117209 - in reply to #117208)

Regular

The trailer you described is the trailer we have. We could not be more pleased with this trailer.  We to go everywhere and get in some interesting situations getting back to some places we ride.  We have never had any problems with our tanks.  We have no complaints about this trailer at all and it is holding up well to our excessive go every weekend schedule. 

gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-03-05 9:27 AM (#117268 - in reply to #117208)

Expert

Originally written by Zoe on 2010-03-03 1:21 PM

I recently decided to join but as you probably noticed, I entered my inquiry under Camp & Trail and it should have been under Trailer Talk so I'm still finding my way around.

There are many knowledgeable people in the membership of these forums. Not all frequent each one. Generally "mechanical" questions are asked within the "trailer" forum. However, anyone that hauls to a camping area needs a trailer, so many forums do overlap in interests. I hope this site helps you as much as I have been. There is much to learn, and many good people willing to help.

genebob
Reg. Nov 2007
Posted 2010-03-06 3:16 PM (#117287 - in reply to #117178)

Elite Veteran

We have an 09' Kiefer 3H w/ 10' SW with the LQ done by I believe LDS in Indiana. We have gone off road quite a few times without any real worrys. I try to watch where I drive and pay attention to what the truck is doing. Our spare tire is located under the trailer up front, so if anything is going to drag, it will be that first. The only other thing below the frame rails is the drains for the gray and black water tanks. We have really enjoyed the Kiefer and they have an excellent customer support service.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)