'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Water Heater for Cowboy shower

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-01-05 10:51 AM
5 replies, 6334 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

tralbos
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2009-12-31 3:29 PM (#114708)
Subject: Water Heater for Cowboy shower

What would you recomend for a water heater for a cowboy shower for the 1st stall??? Tanked? or Tankless? LP or 110? I seen a tankless online for around $135 that operates on LP and 2 D-cell batterys but no vent to the outside. Would this be safe to use in 1st stall with no vent to the outside. I could open the windows though I guess for ventalation. Here is the website: http://www.eztankless.com/products/ez101.html 

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
tucson
Reg. Dec 2009
Posted 2009-12-31 4:30 PM (#114709 - in reply to #114708)
Subject: RE: Water Heater for Cowboy shower

I first bought portable tankless water heater from (PRODUCTS THAT SAVE.COM the eccotemp L5 model) $125.25 to the house. I have it hanging on the frame of the sidewall in front of the first stall with the window open. It has a 45 degree tin that connects to it to deflect the exhaust heat coming out the top which is hot. The unit runs on 2D cells and has a fitting for the propane gas tank to hook up also a 4' shower hose and on/off head. You need pressurized water (hydrant of something to hook up to use this unit though, that is the downfall. Also one just like it sells at Mills Fleet Farm for around $130.00 on sale with a longer shower hose (8 or 9 ft).  The other route is a Coleman Portable water heater, it has a swing out faucet on it that you can attach a shower hose that is an accessory purchasee seperately and a hydrant fitting that you can use if you are by a hydrant  It works off gas also either the little green propane cans or you can get a fitting to run off larger gas supply and it comes with a 5gal. water tank and little pump. It vents out the side of the unit and I hang it from the ceiling frame inside right next to the shower. They both work great just depends what your water supply situation is. 
Zipitude
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2010-01-04 10:54 PM (#114885 - in reply to #114708)

Veteran

I have the Eccotemp model as well that I bought at Camping World. I also turned the top cover so it deflects the heat out the window, and have hung it from the window bars with a bucket strap. Simple enough and it does work well. Just hang it up, hook up the gas and the water hose. That's all there is to it. As the previous post said, the only real downfall is the fact that you have to have pressurised water. I am thinking of rigging up an RV type water pump to a portable water tank for use in primitive areas. The tank can then be stored in the back of the truck or on the hay rack. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds simple enough.
hosspuller
Reg. Oct 2003
Posted 2010-01-04 11:55 PM (#114887 - in reply to #114708)

Expert

I have the Eccotemp L5 heater.  It does a great job.  I also have a diaphram pump to supply it from a 55 gallon tank.  I use a long garden hose to act as a pressure tank.  Someday, I'll get a real pressure tank.
tucson
Reg. Dec 2009
Posted 2010-01-05 9:34 AM (#114896 - in reply to #114708)

What energy source does your pump run off of? What would the pressure tank run off of for power?

Edited by tucson 2010-01-05 9:36 AM
tralbos
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2010-01-05 10:51 AM (#114906 - in reply to #114708)

Thanks for the replys... I have a 6.5' short wall and planning to put a jackknife sofa in the front and having a water tank with pump under the sofa for the sink for the LQ and the cowboy shower in the 1st stall. Think I like the idea of the tankless you guys use vs. a 6gal tanked model. Can I put a 2 valves on the tankless heater so one valve would be for the shower and the other valve to turn on whenever want hot water for the sink in the LQ?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)