'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Double Duty conversions?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-05-07 5:40 PM
5 replies, 4677 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

trinket
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2009-04-03 11:53 AM (#102696)
Subject: Double Duty conversions?

I'm looking to buy a trailer but it is out of state so I can't see it in person without making the long drive.  The dealer says it has a Double Duty conversion which I'm not familiar with.  Does anyone have experience with this company?  It's a little difficult to tell from the pictures... are they a lower end conversion or do they do a nice job and use quality materials?  Thank you.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Snickers
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2009-04-03 6:49 PM (#102717 - in reply to #102696)
Subject: RE: Double Duty conversions?

Veteran

Sent you a PM
another has been
Reg. Apr 2009
Posted 2009-04-10 11:54 AM (#103127 - in reply to #102696)

New User

I have a Merhow with the Double duty Conversion.  It is an 05. I am having problems with the flooring by the door going into the LQ.  We have not had any water leaks so when the dealer pulled up the peel and stick square tile the plywood has just crumbled (rotted). It is in only one spot, in the middle of the floor.  It is not soft anywhere else, not under the cabinets or anything.  I leive in SE MO and Double Duty said if I would drive to them and pay for hte fuel they would see if they can fix it....now is that customer service... I really don;t thinkk so, since the place I bought my trailer at is an RV dealer and can fix it a lot cheaper than my fuel cost, but DD will not cover the problem.  I think they are about mid level on quality and workmanship

Anyone else have any problems?

another has been
Reg. Apr 2009
Posted 2009-04-28 10:29 PM (#104150 - in reply to #102696)

New User

update! we fixed our trailer floor. we found out that either DD or Merhow did not caulk under the door so all water was running in underneath the floor. Therefore we did not know until the floor fell apart. Of course out of warrenty by a few months so not covered!
trinket
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2009-05-07 3:51 PM (#104633 - in reply to #102696)

Well, I took the plunge and drove out to pick up the trailer after having only seen it in pictures.  I was extremely pleased.  It came from Kentucky and the dealer hauled it up to Michigan where the conversion company is so it would be closer to me.

I had a few extra items added to the trailer (furnace, cabinet, lights, valances) while it was at Double Duty and they did a terrific job and were very accomodating.  Overall I'd say their workmanship is excellent and they went out of their way to make sure everything was just as I wanted.  They've been in the business for a long time and are very nice folks to deal with so I thought I'd put in a good word for them.  I would definately recommend Double Duty for someone looking to have a conversion done.

Snickers
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2009-05-07 5:40 PM (#104635 - in reply to #102696)

Veteran

Glad you are satisfied with the work . We certianly are with our trailer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)