'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Stud divider

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-06-27 10:53 AM
5 replies, 3846 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

DLM-10
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-06-25 5:59 AM (#86306)
Subject: Stud divider

A question to those of you who have them. I am building a divider, should it go all the way to the wall on the latch side? For stability if the horse leans aganist it, or leave a 1" space so if a tail would between it and the wall (rubber lined) it wouldn't get caught? I origional was going to have the bottom 15" touch the wall at the wheel well. This is a 7' wide Kiefer. We are going to use the front for a tack stall. Any opinions welcome.

Rod

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2008-06-25 6:56 AM (#86309 - in reply to #86306)
Subject: RE: Stud divider

Expert

My current trailer is the 1st time I've ever had a stud divider.  So limited in my use and opinion.

my buggest complaint is that in my trailer the stud divider almost touches the floor.  I use Wood shavings in my trailer and every time I open that divider it Sweeps the shavings I have on the floor .  That's probably good if you store stuff in the 1st stall and access it through the walk through door. But I don't store a lot of stuff, I put horses in all my stalls. So ever time I open it, the divider moves all my shavings.  Myself, I would prefer that divider be 5-6" off the floor so I could swing it over the shavings. I don't have a stud, so I don't know if that would be good or bad.

DLM-10
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-06-25 6:27 PM (#86370 - in reply to #86306)

I was planning on about 1" off floor but we won't put shavings in or using front stall for horses and all our shows are within 75 miles. 

Lena's Mom
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2008-06-25 9:49 PM (#86375 - in reply to #86306)

My husband built a stud wall by attaching a piece of plywood securely to the divider.  It comes all the way to the floor and touches both walls.  We use the first stall as storage on a trip and then we put our port-a-potty in there when we're camping.  We also put the foam insulation along the bottom and the latch side to stop water from getting in the storage stall when I wash the trailer out.  We also added an additional mat to make it higher in that stall and also in the back tack area so urine and/or shavings can't get under it.  It has worked great so far.  I love having the third stall for storage and that leaves more room in the front, which is 6' semi-living quarters.  (No water involved).

Anyway, that is what we did and I love it.

And it doesn't hurt that I just had WERM installed, too.  I feel like I have died and gone to heaven!  Now if it just wasn't so hot in Texas that you can't stand to go outside.  Waiting for fall!

DLM-10
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-06-27 7:02 AM (#86484 - in reply to #86306)

I couldn't decide what I wanted to do. I made a removable piece on the end with recessed allen head bolts, and it can be removed if necessary. This way I can try both. Thanks Rod
karynzoo
Reg. Mar 2008
Posted 2008-06-27 10:53 AM (#86505 - in reply to #86375)

Regular

Lena's Mom - do you have a picture of your set up you can post or email to me?  karynzoo@sbcglobal.net.  Thanks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)