'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Adam stock trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-09-28 1:01 PM
5 replies, 3545 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

horcgal
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-09-24 9:30 AM (#68319)
Subject: Adam stock trailers

Hi,
was wondering if anyone on here has one of those Adam stock trailers. I recently borrowed a friends Valley stock trailer, just a plain 2 horse trailer. In the nose those there was a half wall gate. It was only about maybe 3 foot wide from nose to gate, but was enough room that she had 2 plastic saddle racks mounted in there and you could fit a bale of hay.

Do the adam stock trailers have anything like that? I love little stock type trailers to just hook and go,but its nice to have someplace to put your saddle. and I dont really need a "dressing room".....nor the expense that a dressing room adds to the trailer's pricetag!

Also, what does anyone think of Adam stock trailers in general? Im considering going to Delwood in delaware and buying one since all Ive been seeing in my area for used trailers, theyre expensive and generally need floors, brakes, tires, etc!

Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ghbb41
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2007-09-24 12:23 PM (#68325 - in reply to #68319)
Subject: RE: Adam stock trailers

Veteran

There are other postings about Adam trailers and they have a web site. They are made in Va, at Rural Retreat. I have had a steel stock trailer for 10 years. It is starting to show some rest but we are getting ready to have that fixed. This is my second Adam's trailer and yes they do have what you are asking about except for the plastic saddle racks, mine were metal. They have several different type of 2 horse bumper pulls. I actually drew they kind I wanted and they made mine.
Ash
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-09-24 3:25 PM (#68331 - in reply to #68319)

I have an Adam Special. Which is a two horse straight load, step up, stock, WITH a Dressing Room! I'm in love with this trailer! The other stock models would probably work for you too, but you might have to install the saddle racks yourself. I like that the Dressing Room already has a lock on it, so I don't need to worry about my tack walking off...
horcgal
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2007-09-24 5:48 PM (#68338 - in reply to #68319)

Mind if I ask you what the trailer cost with a dressing room? I know at Delwood trailers in Delaware, they advertise a plain stock trailer....doesnt look like it has anything inthe nose for putting saddles, for $3795 (options like 7ft high instead of 6'6, spare tire, etc are extra).

Is that what the adam trailer w/dressing room is called "The Special" ?

thanks
DTS
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-09-27 7:55 AM (#68452 - in reply to #68319)

New User

Horcgal,

All Adam trailers are stall built meaning that they do not run thru a production line like most major brands on the market. This is true for Adam's small steel livestock trailers all the way up to the custom all out aluminum LQ's. This means that Adam is able to custom build a trailer for you the way you want it without it being rushed down an assembly line or running the price up. The term Adam special refers to several models; any custom trailer for a trailer may be referred to as an Adam special. This term is an in house word to set a model apart from a standard model. If you have any other question about Adam trailers you can contact our office at 302-284-4480.

Thanks,

Ryan Lloyd; Delwood Trailer Sales, Inc.

Ash
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2007-09-28 1:01 PM (#68528 - in reply to #68319)

Yes, its the Adam "Special". Mine was $6200, and worth every penny! My monthly payments are less than $150. The dressing room is 4' and has two adjustable saddle racks, 6-ish bridle racks, two windows, carpet, and a lockable RV door. The horse area is 10' with a straight load removable divider that includes a stud wall, mats, padded chest and tail bars, and plenty of tie rings inside and out. I got the extra height (7') too. I love, love, love this trailer. It pulls great behind my truck, its made really well, and it's really inviting to the horses. My 1600lb Belgian leans on the butt bars, and they're still straight as arrows!

You could probably get away with installing saddle racks in the front box stall of a stock trailer. But I really like that I can keep all of my trail tack in the trailer, and not have to worry about it getting wet or stolen. Also, i'm not sure if hauling two horses in one box stall (if needed) would be very easy. Either way you decided to go, you'll be happy with the Adam!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)