'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
silverlite trailers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-08-22 4:55 PM
5 replies, 4410 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

ntcowgirl
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-08-22 8:49 AM (#66247)
Subject: silverlite trailers

Regular

Does anyone have knowledge or experience with the Silverlite trailer?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Riderguy
Reg. Feb 2007
Posted 2007-08-22 10:10 AM (#66257 - in reply to #66247)
Subject: RE: silverlite trailers

Pretty decently built trailer. Unique designs & features. However the Co. can be a real bunch of putzs to deal with. May or may not return phone calls & emails. So make sure you have a good dealer to work with and through.
Rider
Ms Sharon Kay
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2007-08-22 10:31 AM (#66259 - in reply to #66247)

Hi, I'm a SilverLite dealer in Wisconsin and can attest to the quality effort given to construction of their trailers and customer satisfaction. I've visited the plant in Springfield, Oregon, where the owners even set us loose to walk about freely observing each step in building and to talk to the workers as we liked. We were impressed with the skills, quality of materials and time spent on each unit. One of the owners (Greg) is hands on during construction assuring that the standards they set are follwed. Heck, they (owners) have even ridden in the back of the trailers to make sure the noise level is minimal and the ride is safe and comfortable for your horses. In addition the welds in the stall area are all hand buffed to reduce burrs.
I encourage you to take a look underneath the trailer where you'll see that the quality is carried through even where it's not readily seen. LQ's are built in house to give a great fit and finish. Being a custom company you can design your trailer from nose to tail to your own specs.
Silverlite also backs their product with a ten year structual warranty and often go beyond what the customer expects.
As with all trailers it comes down to your budget, likes, needs and the company you deal with. SilverLite has a strong reputation on the west coast for nearly 12 years building trailers 'Mountain Tough!
Good luck in your trailer search and if we can be of any more help just let us know!www.mwtrailersales.com
Sharon
toll free 877-245-6753

Edited by Ms Sharon Kay 2007-08-22 12:43 PM
IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2007-08-22 2:11 PM (#66284 - in reply to #66247)

Elite Veteran

we looked at them last fall and i didn't care for the small tack room. also, there was something about the frame that bothered us. hum...i'm trying to remember what it was. i'll have to ask my hubby. i would advice you to go take a peek at them. and make sure it will meet your needs. have fun trailer shopping.
ntcowgirl
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2007-08-22 4:49 PM (#66292 - in reply to #66247)

Regular

thanks for the info so far..i'm interested to hear more.  we bought a silverlite, 4 horse,  lq with the seperate bunk room....quite a trailer!   we went with silverlite on the advice of a very longtime and good friend that was predominately a sundowner dealer for many years.  he convinced us that the silverlite was now a better built trailer.  however we have had many problems and are currently in negotiations with the company for a replacement.   most everything has been fixed...the windows were crap...the first 2 we opened broke and the seals fell off, several other things .....but the main thing is that we have a major water leak between the lq bunk wall and the horse area.    we've had so much water leak into (standing water in the lq) that we have insisted on a different trailer.   i'm anxious to see how the company comes thru.
Ms Sharon Kay
Reg. Dec 2006
Posted 2007-08-22 4:55 PM (#66294 - in reply to #66247)

I see Raven remembers  taking a  look at the SilverLites last fall on our lot. And just to refresh your memory, your husband was having a hard time understanding the need for a powder coated steel wheel under carriage and GN on an aluminum trailer. As we explained then, steel offers far greater strength for the type of stresses that are put on those areas. Aluminum can be used but it does have to be beefed up quite a bit to match the power of the steel. And even with that aluminum stretches and fatiques which leads to a possible eventual failure. You'll find that most trailer manufacturers employ the superior strength of steel in those critical areas that bear the incredible forces of road travel.

Raven, I hope you had the best of luck finding the trailer that fit your needs! I know you did a lot of reseach!

...one more quick side note. After messaging Ntcowgirl to clarify where the intruding water was coming from it sounds like a roof leak. I contacted her because SilverLite constructs a raised floor in the LQ so it would be near impossible for water to come in from the horse area and that's what I thought she meant. Still, a leak is very frustrating and can be damaging! As I stated before SilverLite is well known for standing behind their product and I have faith that they'll take good care of this! But if I can be of any help just let me know!

Midwest Trailer Sales

Edited by Ms Sharon Kay 2007-08-22 5:42 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World