'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
THANK U GARD!! Duplicolor Bed Armour Beautiful result

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2014-06-28 9:54 AM
5 replies, 3910 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

lonepine7
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2014-06-23 11:27 PM (#159589)
Subject: THANK U GARD!! Duplicolor Bed Armour Beautiful result

I am impressed and grateful for the professional advice repeatedly given on this site.

I followed your instructions for the Muriatic wash on my aluminum floor (wish I woulda thought to take pic), turned out amazingly clean, smooth, followed with Duplicolor Bed Armour, and very happy with outcome.

My thanks Gard!

Plan to post pic
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
lonepine7
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2014-06-23 11:30 PM (#159590 - in reply to #159589)
Subject: RE: THANK U GARD!! Duplicolor Bed Armour Beautiful result

My pic too large, won't post, anyone want to see, let me know I'll try another, in daytime.
Jeepplr
Reg. Oct 2007
Posted 2014-06-24 6:33 AM (#159592 - in reply to #159589)

Veteran

Did you use a roller or did you spray it in? My trailer is getting treated very soon.Thank you
lonepine7
Reg. Jan 2014
Posted 2014-06-24 7:03 AM (#159595 - in reply to #159589)

I used the brush and small roller that comes with the kit. I live rurally with not an abundance of products available locally .. The kit was only option I had to purchase the gallon . I have a 2H gooseneck,,so brush n roller were fine.

Grad's instructions were top notch for both etching and painting the bedliner.

Good luck with it!
diggerdoo
Reg. Oct 2009
Posted 2014-06-24 8:46 AM (#159596 - in reply to #159589)

Veteran

I did mine about a month ago and I agree with Gard's instructions....excellent!  I'm so happy with how it turned out.  I took pictures before, during and after, but can't figure out how to post them. 

crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2014-06-28 9:54 AM (#159644 - in reply to #159589)

Expert

I finally caved in after asking Gard a zillion times exactly how to go about this process,and I coated 2 of our trailer floors.The first one was a 2H Sooner,and I used the plain Duplicolor truck bed liner.the second was a larger undertaking,although the floor wasn't as old,it was our 4H Exiss LQ trailer and this time I used the liner with the Kevlar.The Sooner floor coating has since come off in a couple or three small spots.The only thing I can figure out is,the liner had cured,but,I rinsed under the mats and it sat up this winter with it being wet under the mats,so,maybe that is what happened-not sure,but,I can patch those,I feel.we just got a 1995 2H GN 4Star,and I'm going to tackle that one this fall.I recommend this procedure to anyone wanting to reduce their work load cleaning out a trailer,everything rinses out so much easier,no sticking to the floor under the mats,plus,your aluminum floor is protected.Gard has been a good friend to me here and to others,too,I am sure.His knowledge is vast about aluminum,having worked in the aircraft industry,and his advice and instructions are unsurpassed.It has been a real honor to get to know this great guy and I wish him and "Mrs.Gard" all the very best.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)