'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Questions about Trailer Dealers

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2012-07-03 12:01 PM
5 replies, 4048 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cutter99
Reg. Sep 2007
Posted 2012-07-02 3:32 PM (#145299)
Subject: Questions about Trailer Dealers

Extreme Veteran

I have contacted two trailer dealers within the last two weeks about trading my current trailer on something larger and more expensive. One has not called me back at all, the other had me send pictures via e-mail and has not responded any further.

I should be an easy sell. My trailer is in like new condition and is very well maintained. I do not expect to get what I paid for it or anything outrageous, but no one has even given me a value on it. Financing is not an issue either- I can get the financing through a dealer without a problem so they make a little on the back end or finance through my personal bank if they don't want to bother with financing.

I contacted the dealers I did through ads on here with trailers that fit my needs.

Any ideas or suggestions?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
RidnClyde
Reg. Jun 2012
Posted 2012-07-03 6:18 AM (#145309 - in reply to #145299)
Subject: RE: Questions about Trailer Dealers

Regular

Not sure who the dealers are but one thing I noticed the end of last week, was a lot of trailer manufacturers plants were closing this week and their dealers "decision makers" are on vacation. 

You might have better luck next week.

Edited by RidnClyde 2012-07-03 6:20 AM
Duckman
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2012-07-03 6:34 AM (#145310 - in reply to #145299)

Veteran

I would think if your trade is priced fairly and in good condition these dealers would be killing to talk to you? Maybe you should try a few other dealers to get their reaction to your trade and see if it's something they want?
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2012-07-03 6:42 AM (#145311 - in reply to #145299)

Expert

You might be inquiring during vacation times over the holidays, when their staffing is sparse. However, any business that wants to stay in business, has to be available to any potential customer.

I would continue the search with more dealers, and see if the results are the same.

Cindy Trailer Depot
Reg. May 2004
Posted 2012-07-03 10:06 AM (#145324 - in reply to #145299)

Regular

When you send pictures of a trade.....PLEASE PUT THE PRICE YOU HOPE TO GET IN THE E-MAIL.....then we all have a starting point. Include all the specs too.I'm a trailer dealer and most trades offered to us are priced too high...I know everyone wants top dollar for their trade, but we have to put it on a floorplan and start paying interest from day one and still have to make a profit with it priced right.... then we get all the low ball offers......We would be OUT OF BUSINESS if we gave everyone what they wanted for their trade....I'm sure part of the reason for trailer business failures is the lack of knowledge on how to price trades and still make a profit.....people really hate to see any business make a profit I guess.....in this economy, we are all trying to get by until Obama gets out of office and then we hope a business friendly atmosphere miraculously appears again.....So, trade price is at least 20% lower than what you could get for it in the real world......and the best way to find real world price is to compare right here on HTW and see where your trailer fits in and be brutally honest about how fast it would really sell in your area at that price.
Judy K
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2012-07-03 12:01 PM (#145328 - in reply to #145299)

Veteran

Howdy - is your trailer listed here on HTW? 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)