'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
PURECOUNTRY CAMPGROUND IN NY

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-04-25 8:17 PM
5 replies, 4194 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

horsecampr
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2011-04-18 4:09 PM (#133137)
Subject: PURECOUNTRY CAMPGROUND IN NY

Has anyone been to Pure Country Campground in New York, along Brookfield Trail System.
What did you think of it.
Thanks.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
slowrider
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2011-04-19 5:56 PM (#133203 - in reply to #133137)
Subject: RE: PURECOUNTRY CAMPGROUND IN NY

Regular

I have never camped at Pure Country Campground, but have camped & ridden at Brookfield yearly for the past 4 years. If you are just looking for a place to camp while riding the Brookfield trail system, we have camped at the campground near the Assembly area, and I can give you directions if you want them. It is a nice wooded campground, with covered tie stalls between the sites. No hook-ups, but there are porta johns, and a pump for water for the horses. It is free, and first-come, first-served.
BlazingCreekBar
Reg. Nov 2008
Posted 2011-04-21 5:46 PM (#133305 - in reply to #133137)

Extreme Veteran

We stayed for a few nights last Summer.  Loved it!  Had the place to ourselves!  Jim was very accommodating.  The trail system was a 2 mile ride down a logging road.  We were there in June and the deer flies were awful.  But I think last year the deer flies were just plain bad everywhere.

pupsnponies
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2011-04-23 7:51 AM (#133367 - in reply to #133203)

Hi everyone,

if planning to camp at the Assembly area at Brookfield this summer - check to be sure it's still open for camping. Again this year it's in danger of being closed for budget reasons - lack of funding for the porta-potties. If that happens, you could still park there for the day to ride out, but no camping. DEC has also stopped monitoring and repairing the trails. They will do a repair if someone reports it, but they ain't looking. My club (New York State Plantation Walking Horse Club) is doing a ride when the trails open to help out (after all we've funded several of the tie stalls, stall footing, tie rails, and etc.) would be more than a shame if it closes for camping). Discussion today if we'll draw the line on adding funds for potties... but talk about money down the drain. :)

Maryjane

Originally written by slowrider on 2011-04-19 6:56 AM

I have never camped at Pure Country Campground, but have camped & ridden at Brookfield yearly for the past 4 years. If you are just looking for a place to camp while riding the Brookfield trail system, we have camped at the campground near the Assembly area, and I can give you directions if you want them. It is a nice wooded campground, with covered tie stalls between the sites. No hook-ups, but there are porta johns, and a pump for water for the horses. It is free, and first-come, first-served.

horsecampr
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2011-04-24 7:55 PM (#133425 - in reply to #133305)

Thanks. We have stayed at the assembly area and camped at Brookfield last summer. I don't like tie stalls, so I would prefer something like Pure Country if nice.
slowrider
Reg. Apr 2010
Posted 2011-04-25 8:17 PM (#133525 - in reply to #133137)

Regular

Pupsnponies, I hope the campground is able to remain open, we really like it there. We're from PA, and have often commented that we would be very willing to pay to camp/ride at Brookfield. Thank you for trying to keep it available for riders. We have plans to come up the first weekend in June, so I guess I'll call in late May to check the status of the camping area. Have I heard that there a fairgrounds connected to the northern part of the Brookfield trail system where some people camp? Where is it, and can you tell me a little about camping there, or who to contact about camping there? How close is Pure Country campground to the trail system? I think I read somewhere that it is about 2 miles. When my knees are killing me, that extra mileage really hurts!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)