'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
How's Eagle Ranch in Collins MO. ?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-06-15 2:50 PM
4 replies, 6636 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Akenbtt
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-06-11 2:17 PM (#85536)
Subject: How's Eagle Ranch in Collins MO. ?

New User

I will be visiting Eagle Ranch near Collins MO. with a group of friends soon and was wondering if anyone had been recently and what your experience was? 
Trail Conditions, What types of Trails, Facilities, Recomendations?  Share all the info you can.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-06-12 1:13 PM (#85587 - in reply to #85536)
Subject: RE: How's Eagle Ranch in Collins MO. ?

Elite Veteran

I've been going there quite frequently now that diesel is so expensive. It's just a couple hours from us. Lately we have been getting a deludge of rain. Normally the trails are dry because of the sandy soil. But right now, it is very muddy and lots of water crossings. Trails are not marked, but since it is only 1200 acres, you should be able to find camp. If you get lost easily, bring a GPS. Some trails are rocky, others sandy.

Trails are moderate to easy. Open fields and wooded too.

Camp is small, but nice. No trees. Need to haul your own water if you have a LQ. There is water at the barn for horses. Stalls are large, but you'll need to bring shavings.

Bath house is very clean. Cabins are nice too. Steve goes out of his way to ensure you have everything you need. Saturday evening supper is nice and there is ususally a band or small cowboy group.

Primitive camp usually has more of the party crowd, and the RV sites are usually quieter.

Best thing of all is your stalls are cleaned everytime you take your horse out to ride. I love that!!

j&j
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2008-06-12 6:23 PM (#85598 - in reply to #85536)

Veteran

The trails are nice but nothing challenging. There are lots of them crammed in on that 1300 acres. You almost meet yourself coming and going. In spite of that, there are lots of nice wooded trails. You can't get lost as there is one wide perimeter trail that you will eventually come to and you can follow that back to camp. The campground is out in the open. They do clean your stall for you, every time your horse is out of it. Never found that anywhere else! If you are looking for a pleasant place to camp this would be a fit.

j&j

Edited by j&j 2008-06-20 11:54 AM
Akenbtt
Reg. Jun 2008
Posted 2008-06-13 7:32 AM (#85618 - in reply to #85536)

New User

Thank you ponytammy and j&j for your reply, and for the information.

Now if it will just quit storming, I will come out of my basement  and start getting ready for the trip.

ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-06-15 2:50 PM (#85693 - in reply to #85536)

Elite Veteran

Eagle Ranch update: Friends just got back this weekend. I canceled because of the severe weather again!  She said the trails were in horrible condition. All washed out, very muddy and some trails had water flowing through them. They are getting hammered with rain again right now. This has been the worst year trying to just ride your horse outdoors. Couldn't ride all winter because of the snow and ice, now the severe storms and deludge of rain. We are in PDS today (Potentially Danagerous Situation) for more wide spread severe weather. I've had ENOUGH!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)