'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
place to ride with other attractions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-09 10:50 AM
4 replies, 3443 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

rockinthetrails
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-05-04 3:37 PM (#83101)
Subject: place to ride with other attractions

Hey just a question, does anyone know of a good horsecamp that has some other things to do for non-riders? I live in mid KY and thought about going to LBL but anyone know about camps in Harrison Crawford in IN. ? Im taking my parents and g/f with 2 younger boys and need something for all to do. I plan on taking 2 horses so I can take my mom and g/f riding a little and one of my horses just came out of 30 days training and would like some easy trails for him as well as my green riders. Any suggestions would be good and if anyone wants to meet up at a camp Im going Mothers day weekend SOMEWHERE....
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
whoaboy
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-05-07 9:02 AM (#83360 - in reply to #83101)
Subject: RE: place to ride with other attractions

Regular

Midwest Trail Ride is in Norman Indiana. Close to them is Nashville Indiana and there are tons of little shops and restaurants to spend the day at.
rose
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2008-05-07 8:28 PM (#83457 - in reply to #83101)

any camp in the Shawnee.....do a search for Shawnee National Forest and you'll find all kinds of activities. Have fun.
Dwight
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2008-05-08 8:51 AM (#83490 - in reply to #83101)

Extreme Veteran

You don't have to go far...you can camp and ride at Mammoth Cave.  Non-riders can tour the caves, go to Guntown Mountain or KY Downunder.  There's a wildlife museum in Horse Cave.  There's a go-cart track there, too.  And a golf course.

There's enough stuff in the Horse Cave area to keep you busy for a few days.  And it's only an hour away from E-town!

RIDE ON!

rockinthetrails
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-05-09 10:50 AM (#83586 - in reply to #83101)

well I ended up deciding on Mammoth cave and was going to stay at Nolin State Park since its just down the road from Lincoln trail head and DbarK horse camp. I was going to stall the horses at DbarK... With the rain staying around this weekend went ahead and cancelled the trip and going to go at the end of the month if I can get everyone together for it. Thanks for the input...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)