'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Cherokee Trailers?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-08-14 5:18 PM
4 replies, 5068 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

happyrider929
Reg. Jul 2007
Posted 2007-08-14 8:10 AM (#65803)
Subject: Cherokee Trailers?

Regular

My husband is sold on the idea of getting a weekender now, but we're on a budget. I've seen several new or newer Cherokees in our price range, but have never seen one in person. Does anybody have any information about their quality and durability? We'd plan to have this trailer for a long time.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cutter4life
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-08-14 10:43 AM (#65813 - in reply to #65803)
Subject: RE: Cherokee Trailers?

Regular

I owned a 2001 Cherokee Invasion (no living quarters) for about five years. I used the trailer alot...about 4x a week to the cutting trainers and trips to Texas, Oregon, Washington and Oklahoma. I never had a problem with the trailer and it held up very well. It also pulled well and the aluminum maintained a good finish (though I did wash it with the EQ Red wash about every 4 months). Overall, if you are on a budget and need a good quality trailer with alot of features for the price, I think that Cherokee fits the bill...in fact, I think it is probably one of the better built trailers in the price range it is in...I had looked at Exiss and Featherlite and passed on both for the Cherokee. The only problem I had was with resale, not many people out here in CA have heard of Cherokee and it took a little longer to sell it, than I had expected. Just my opinion and experience.
ridinhigh
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2007-08-14 12:50 PM (#65825 - in reply to #65803)

I agree with Cutter.  Very well built trailer for the money.  In it's price range, there's probably not one better engineered and built.  I hear a lot of people tell me how well they pull due to their nose design and where their axles are placed.  Good luck with your search!!
ggrimm01
Reg. Aug 2005
Posted 2007-08-14 4:57 PM (#65838 - in reply to #65803)

Regular

Great trailer.  Owned a 2001 Invasion model.   Trailer is well built for that price range.  I would buy another one in a heart beat.
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2007-08-14 5:18 PM (#65839 - in reply to #65803)

Elite Veteran

We had a 2001 Invasion,3-horse mill finish. Had small LQ with all the goodies. Didn't have any problem selling... only took 3 days. Not known very well anywhere I don't think. Starting to see more ads for them in horse/trail magazines. Like other posters stated, nicely built trailer for the money. Only issue I had is when the LQ was finished, the nose was a bit narrow for a queen size bed, had to go with a full size (trailer was only 7ft. wide). But heck, as long as the integrity of the trailer is safe for the horses, we lived just fine with the full size bed. I really liked the divider latches. Very easy to use and attached securely to the wall. Sold it for a larger LQ. Sometimes we miss it since it was a nice size to pull and park.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)