'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
reverse load

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2007-03-09 12:54 AM
4 replies, 3379 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

drivinfool
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-07 11:54 AM (#56819)
Subject: reverse load

Hi,

New here! I haul horses for the dressage circuit. These are the big guy's pushing 18 hands and 1500lbs. I'm ordering a new trailer because I can't find a trailer with stalls tall enough, wide enough or long enough and light weight since I haul with a F250 diesel. I was curious about the Turnbow Reverve Load Slant. Horses load up a side ramp facing the opposite (rear) and unload out the back end of the trailer. Love to hear opinions as to the best warmblood trailer that still remains light weight. Elite 2h straight w/ boxstall in front for a 3rd horse option or equipment also looks like a possablity. I especially want to hear from any others that haul for the public.

Thanks!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
PaulChristenson
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-03-08 3:20 PM (#56891 - in reply to #56819)
Subject: Commercial hauling

Expert

You need to check this out if you are hauling for the public...

http://xj.cdevco.net/auto/trucking/forhire.html

drivinfool
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2007-03-08 4:06 PM (#56894 - in reply to #56891)
Subject: RE: Commercial hauling

Thanks Paul! But I'm only new to Trailer Talk, not hauling commercially for the circuit. Been hauling 34 years now. I was looking for a smaller trailer to get in and out of small ranches and the airport. Thought reverse load was limited to the vans. So when I saw the smaller goosenecks in reverse I wanted some feedback on that subject. I know in our van the horse ride fine forward or reverse but curious if anyone out there had any negitive experience. But thanks again many aren't aware of D.O.T. regulations and issues.

foxpointfarm
Reg. Jan 2007
Posted 2007-03-08 9:04 PM (#56903 - in reply to #56819)
Subject: RE: reverse load

We just purchased a 3/4 horse reverse load Hawk gooseneck and love it. After the first trip, it seems horses like the reverse loads  better - in the event of a quick stop, their rear is hitting the wall instead of their head. I would highly recommend reverse load trailers.
horsin around
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2007-03-09 12:54 AM (#56908 - in reply to #56819)
Subject: RE: reverse load

Extreme Veteran

I have one horse that prefers to ride reverse load.  Since I usually only haul one horse and when I do hual two, their my own horses so I can get away with taking out my divider.  This particular horse I have trained that I asked him to go in and will put the rope over his neck and he turns himself around and moves over to the wall then I tie him in.  Took us a loooong time to get this horse happy in a trailer and this seems to work for him.  
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)