'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
New to site

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-08-06 1:05 PM
4 replies, 2390 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

arlene21
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-08-06 10:39 AM (#46064)
Subject: New to site

Veteran

I am new to this site and I have several questions about trailers.

I have a 4-Star and I love it but I would like to upgrade to a trailer with bathroom facilities. It has been difficult finding a used 4-Star. I had seen one advertized on this site in Colorado but it was a 2003 and I had heard that the floors in the 2000-2004's were not good and I was afraid to buy it without seeing it. Then I saw something on this website about trailer scams and I wasn't sure how I would know if it was a scam or not.

How can I identify a scam and what are some other brands that would be as good as 4-Star? I don't want a steel frame and I am not sold on Sundowner, Exiss, Featherlite or Sooner. Thanks.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dawnya
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-08-06 10:42 AM (#46065 - in reply to #46064)
Subject: RE: New to site

Extreme Veteran

A scam is too good to be true.
It amazes me that people still fall for it.
1. Seller from overseas
2. "$5900.00" for a 80k trailer  (come on people!)
3.  Listen to your gut

WELCOME to the boards!

terri s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-08-06 12:08 PM (#46067 - in reply to #46064)

Elite Veteran

To Dawnya's list I would add: poor grammar, free shipping, don't respond to this email as this is not my regular email address.
dwnsouth
Reg. Jan 2006
Posted 2006-08-06 12:45 PM (#46070 - in reply to #46064)

Regular

Understand your dillema with the 4 stars.  The newer one just arent built like the older ones.  I had my 4 star for many years and wanted to go to a longer short wall. I really wanted to stay with the 4 star brand but after I looked at friends trailers and ones on dealer lots, I was disappointed in the changes and the structure thickness as compared to my older trailer.  The wall material and such is SO MUCH THINNER!!!!!!!!!  I wound up looking at a bunch of trailer brands and I finally wound up buying a C&C because it was built almost EXACTLY like my older 4 star.  Reason is because the guy at C&C worked for 4 star for years so the C&C is built like the 4 stars used to be.  I got the same sides(someone told me 4 star placed a lawsuit because even though it was the patent design of the guy from C&C they wanted to keep the sides, they lost and 4 star had to change theirs) and while the alunimum materials nowdays are thinner, it seems more sturdier than the other trailers I looked at.  I really did not want to give up my old trailer but needed more space and I have been pleased with my new C&C.  I also seriously considered Bloomer(price was more expensive but trailer was top of line,would have bought if money would have allowed), Featherlite(friend has had 2 so far in the past 4 years, is not nearly as well made and they have had problems with both so that scared me) and Dream Coach(just liked other better).   Also looked at Sundowner(just did not like), Turnbow(fiberglass roof steered me away but well made), Sooner(didnt like as much), and CM.  These are just my opinions remember but these reasons are why I bought what I did.  Hope they help. 
arlene21
Reg. Aug 2006
Posted 2006-08-06 1:05 PM (#46074 - in reply to #46064)

Veteran

Your information was very helpful. The 4-Star that I have is a '97 so that could explain why it is so well built. I will look into the C and C. I am not in any hurry. I have used bath houses at campgrounds for years.

As for the scams. I am familiar with those; I just didn't realize that they were common in horse trailer sales. Thanks for all of the help.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)