'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
ETS trailers?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-06-05 11:20 AM
4 replies, 4572 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Morgan
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-06-01 10:56 AM (#42499)
Subject: ETS trailers?

Local dealer has a 'private brand' called ETS, Equine Transport Specialties. Dealer said they used to carry Exiss but feel these are a better made trailer, of course they do, but comparible in price. I cannot find anything on ETS. Can anyone give me any info?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Trailer guy
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2006-06-01 4:00 PM (#42510 - in reply to #42499)
Subject: RE: ETS trailers?

Does the name Silver Star ring a bell?
SkipperW
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-06-02 1:11 AM (#42535 - in reply to #42499)

We looked at these at Leonards too. They are in fact made by Silver Star. If you look at the manufacturer's plate it says they are built by SST Enterprises, as in Silver Star Trailers. We went down the road to Armstrong's in Salem and bought a Silver Star with more features than the ETS (AC, awning, more lights, better hardware) for about the same money. The LQ package on the actual Silver Star is done by Stallion Conversions, which seems to be a little higher quality than the ETS conversion, which I believe is done by Sierra.

I think they do compare favorably with (and probably exceed) the Exiss Sport model trailers.
Morgan
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-06-04 8:20 PM (#42623 - in reply to #42499)

Thanks for your help. I wonder why they would not tell me that ETS were made by SST? I got the impression they had a big garage in the back where they were making them!

Not looking for anything big with LQ, just something safe for horse and easy for me to handle/maintain, and affordable!

SkipperW
Reg. Apr 2006
Posted 2006-06-05 11:20 AM (#42639 - in reply to #42499)

They did finally tell me they were made by Silver Star, but only after me asking lots of questions, particularly about getting warranty work done if I were to move away from the area.

I suspect that they don't volunteer that information because they fear that you'd do just what we did........go buy a Silver Star. Tegtmeyer's and Armstrongs are the Silver Star dealers in Ohio just in case you're interested. Sounds like you're looking for the same thing we were, and I think we found it in the Silver Star at what I feel was a value. 

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)