'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Firestone Air Bags: Not Blowing Up

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-07-10 9:21 AM
4 replies, 3536 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

cutter4life
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2009-07-09 10:16 AM (#107731)
Subject: Firestone Air Bags: Not Blowing Up

Regular

I have a feeling that there is a leak in the line of my Firestone Airbags. I have dual controls. When you flip the switches; the air compressor turns on and is blowing air; but there is no rise in the air bags and nothing registers on the dual PSI Controls. It seems logical that there must be a huge disconnect someplace (though I don't hear a typical "whooshing" or leaking air sound). I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem. The kit was professionally installed a year ago. No problems until this past weekend. I looked under the truck and all the airlines appear to be in place.
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
hogtownboss
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2009-07-09 12:33 PM (#107737 - in reply to #107731)
Subject: RE: Firestone Air Bags: Not Blowing Up

Expert

Originally written by cutter4life on 2009-07-09 10:16 AM

I have a feeling that there is a leak in the line of my Firestone Airbags. I have dual controls. When you flip the switches; the air compressor turns on and is blowing air; but there is no rise in the air bags and nothing registers on the dual PSI Controls. It seems logical that there must be a huge disconnect someplace (though I don't hear a typical "whooshing" or leaking air sound). I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem. The kit was professionally installed a year ago. No problems until this past weekend. I looked under the truck and all the airlines appear to be in place.

More than likely going to be the lines going into the back side of the controller. Back off the fitting just a little, push the line inward and retighting the fitting.
MSM
Reg. Jun 2009
Posted 2009-07-09 3:44 PM (#107753 - in reply to #107731)

Regular

I had the same problem with my air bags (dual control).  The air lines looked like they were in place and I couldn't here any air leak inside or outside. It turned out that when I would be driving down the road one of the air lines was flopping and was hitting the frame and it ended up with a very, very small hole in it.  The shop that installed my air bags replaced the air lines and then wrapped them all in rubber fuel line to prevent this from happening again.  This has worked out great!
cutter4life
Reg. Mar 2007
Posted 2009-07-10 8:54 AM (#107780 - in reply to #107731)

Regular

Thanks for the tips, they will be very helpful when I get a chance to look things over this weekend!

retento
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2009-07-10 9:21 AM (#107789 - in reply to #107731)

Expert

If it has a regulator, you may try resetting it... It may be stuck and dumping before any pressure is built...Turn the compressor on, crawl underneath with a spray bottle of Windex, Glassplus, etc., start spraying and watch for the bubbles.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)