'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
horse trailer questions

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-05-26 2:18 PM
4 replies, 2952 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

JcNhEmI
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2009-05-24 12:53 PM (#105400)
Subject: horse trailer questions

I"ve heard elite trailes are good trailers. 

I've found a 96 4 horse LQ. for $20,000.

Is that a reasonable price for one that old? Do i dare look at a trailer that is that old or would i be better to keep searching? 
When i emailed the lady she said everything worked last time she pulled it.
She said the floor is good and the mats are in fair shape.
Here is a link to the elite trailer.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=6566007&cat=450&lpid=1

Is it going to be hard to get financing on something that old for that much?

What about keifer built trailers?
I've heard they are good trailers?
 I've found one that is a 5 horse no LQ and i beleive they want $19,000 It's a only a few years old. i've seen the trailer and it looks fairly nice. It's one some family friends of ours bought to high school rodeo in for their youngest daughter and now she's decided not to rodeo so it's sat for almost a year.

I'm not really trailer savvy so i thought i'd ask you guys!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2009-05-25 11:29 AM (#105428 - in reply to #105400)
Subject: RE: horse trailer questions

Expert

Hows Randolph?

First off you will need to do a search and see what similar trailers are selling for.  This website makes that much easier.

Do a search on the various trailers. And see what kind of price they are asking for. For example do a search on a 4h LQ for $15,000 to $25,000 and what you can buy for that price range.

You can narrow the search by choosing Elite ( or any trailer mfg) as the make and see what comes up. And you can narrow the search by state to see what's close to your home.  If you find a trailer you like on the website you can arraige to go look at it.

Also peruse the local ads on KSL.com in their classifieds ads under Horse/Livestock trailers sections. Most of those trailers are local and will be in Utah, so they are at least within driving distance of your home.

I don't think there is an Elite Dealer in Utah. But there is a Kiefer dealer in the Heber area.  Not that it matters that much.  You can get custom trailer work done at several places in Ogden and Logan which are close by you.  

Decide what you are going to do with the trailer.  No sense buying a huge LQ and then draggin it down Forest Service roads to obscure trailheads. Same thing goes if you will spend all your weekends in Fairground Parking lots at high school rodeos, you will want some LQ features to make your stay comfortable.

brew26
Reg. May 2009
Posted 2009-05-26 2:02 PM (#105474 - in reply to #105400)

Veteran

They want way to much money for that trailer.  I was looking on here and you can find way better deals, before you buy a trailer don't get in a hurry. Look around alot of places and you could probably find that trailer for almost half that price its 13 years old. KB's are good trailers personally I've been looking for a 4 star.

ClaudiaIN
Reg. Feb 2009
Posted 2009-05-26 2:17 PM (#105475 - in reply to #105400)

Veteran

Elite's are very nice trailers IMO

That price seems high.  We bought a 3 horse 12ft LQ Elite trailer with mid tack with a very nice LQ recently for that price - it's a 1999.

I would do the search on this site to see what trailers are going for-- that is what we did

bluecowboy99
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2009-05-26 2:18 PM (#105476 - in reply to #105400)

I just bought a 1996 Elite 3horse with 12 ft short wall and mud room for 19,000.  Had to do some minor work to the interior but the rest of the trailer is in excelent shape for its age.  And a big plus is that it pulls better than my 20 ft Exiss stock combo.  As for financing we went thru our credit union and got a low intrest rate for 4 years.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)