'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Competitive Trail riding

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-03-10 9:42 PM
4 replies, 3553 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TillysMom
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2009-03-10 2:54 PM (#101063)
Subject: Competitive Trail riding

Greetings,

My name is Diane and I represent ACTHA, American Competitive Trail Horse Association. Our mission is to help you raise money for your club/organization/rescue or yourself at no cost to you!

We are an organization that has been around for 3 years and we are growing and need your help! We will provide you with all the material you will need, free of cost. We provide the insurance as well.

Our goal is to make trail horses, more than just trail horses. And in the process help your organization make money at no cost to you! We provide a scoring system that is kept on record to place more value on your horse no matter if it‘s registered or what breed it is. We give people the opportunity to enjoy their horses on a scenic trail with natural obstacles and a judge at each obstacle. Rides are typically 6 miles long, 2-3 hours.

This also helps people bond with their horses, to learn to trust each other on the trail and enjoy friends and family on the ride too!

The problem we are currently facing is not enough places to ride. This is where you come in or perhaps your club or organization.

If you signed on you would be considered an Affiliate, as an Affiliate, there is NO cost to you what-so-ever, all we need is 6 miles of trail (or 300-400 acres) to have rides. Think of it like, if you went on a trail ride and can walk your horse 2.5-3 hours, then you have enough trail!

Do not have that kind of acreage? That's okay, you can always use State parks!

We provide the help to have a ride, the insurance and you have fun and make money while you are at it.

You have the opportunity to make money for yourself ($2000-$5000), your club or organization. Please read the below attached and if you have further questions, please contact me. I will be in contact with you in a few days to see if you have questions and are interested in signing as an Affiliate. Remember signing as an Affiliate is free, and the Affiliate agreement is NOT a legal document, it is simply so that we may get you in the system with a tentative Month that you want your ride.

I hope you can join us in making the Horse, More than Just a Trail Horse.

Sincerely,

Diane Mentz

runningwolfranch@embarqmail.com

ACTHA Wrangler

Certified Equine Appraiser

NEWS FLASH************* ACTHA is about to air a lot on RFDTV with features on the Horse Show...it would be a good idea to reserve your date now and sign up so we don't have to worry about conflicting rides in your area!

Once you pick a date(s) we'll protect you and not schedule any competing ride too near you.?!
Watch the Rick Lamb (Horse Show) March 17th.

This is family fun riding at it’s best, when applicable we also have

* Best Dog Contest

* Best Groomed Horse

* Best Dressed Man rider

* Best dressed Woman rider

Our Mission…

To create an enjoyable venue showcasing the wonderful attributes of the Great American Trail Horse and granting them the recognition they so richly deserve.

To create a registry open to all breeds and a point designation system which will stay with each horse for it’s lifetime, thereby adding to their value and distinction.

To enable and initiate humane treatment option for horses.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
IcePonyGoddess
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2009-03-10 4:47 PM (#101069 - in reply to #101063)
Subject: RE: Competitive Trail riding

Elite Veteran

What's your web site addy?

TillysMom
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2009-03-10 5:00 PM (#101072 - in reply to #101063)

you can reach me at: runningwolfranch@embarqmail.com or myspace is

www.myspace.com/equineappraisalservice

Or you can go directly to the ACTHA site.

actha.us

thank you for looking!

calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2009-03-10 8:39 PM (#101082 - in reply to #101063)

Elite Veteran

How does your organization differ from NATRC? Our local DCFTHBA is trying to help them with a ride, my husband and I were volunteered to organize and start planning for a ride in 2010. I think there are many other ways to fund raise without a huge committment of time and labor working and marking the trails...What benefit is there to a club? I guess I don't get it...It seems as though it would be like me asking you to landscape and set up my back yard deck and outdoor kitchen so that I could party there with my friends??? Please help me out.

TillysMom
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2009-03-10 9:42 PM (#101084 - in reply to #101082)

Hi, there is a lot of difference in our organization that the others mentioned.

I sure do understand your confusion on the issue!

The best thing I can do is ask you to give me your email addy and I can send you some material that will make it clear.

I can tell you that it takes 3-4 weeks to put one of our rides on and this is for advertising purposes to get more riders involved.

You fill out and agreement, we mail you a dvd and material to show you how to put together a ride. We get a trail boss (ne of our own) in touch with you to walk you through every step.

You charge a fee per rider, different for each division.

ACTHA takes a $10.50 per rider and that is how we make money, of whick a percentage goes back into Horse organizations such as rescues.

Really the founders of the organization have a vision to make all trail horses more than trail horses, we owe it to the horse. We have a point system that stays with the horse through his lifetime. There are no badges earned, only points and prizes from 1-6th place at the ride. We strive to treat the horses humanly, we allow things like leg wraps and boots etc..I think the NATRC doesn't allow these things. We have set obstacles on 6 miles of trail and a judge at each.

I hope I am not confusing the issue more for you..again if you would like some info you can email me at: runningwolfranch@embarqmail.com

I will be glad to send some reading material to you and answer more of your questions.

ACTHA has been only in Texas for the last 3 years, we are going nationwide as our rides have grown to our cut off limit of 100 riders.

One of the other differences we also promote "buddy" riders, these are riders that pay a minimal fee and just go along the trail not competeing at obstacles, just going to cheer the friends and family or perhaps get a horse used to the whole idea.

Thank you for asking

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)