'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Satellite Dish

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-10-14 12:57 PM
4 replies, 4204 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

grumpyoldman
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-10-13 2:12 PM (#92989)
Subject: Satellite Dish

Does anyone know if it's possible to just remove your TV antenna and replace it with something like the kingdome dish and just use the same coax cable?  Any help would be appreciated.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tx. Vaquero
Reg. Jun 2006
Posted 2008-10-13 3:52 PM (#92995 - in reply to #92989)
Subject: RE: Satellite Dish

Your antenna uses RG 59 and the satellite uses RG 6 coax, but I have run the 59 from my trailer to a buddies and it worked just fine, and that was using 50' of cable, so it will work. You are going to have to get 12 v. power up to the dome, so you might consider using the antenna cable to pull RG 6 and 12 v. up at the same time.
ASJ
Reg. Mar 2005
Posted 2008-10-13 4:52 PM (#93000 - in reply to #92989)

Veteran

Got a question for you... Do you show or do you camp? If you show and keep your trailer out in the open and not under any trees the King Dome would be OK, but if camp and park under trees then I personally would not waste my money on a King Dome. You have to be able to get a clear shot to the satellite to get signal. Just get a dish, tripod, extra cable, and take one of your boxes out of your house when you go and you can have satellite any where. It may take you a little while to get use to setting it up but once you get use to it, it is easy. We have Direct TV, so I ordered the disaster readiness kit for around $60.00. We had it in a couple of days. We love it. I am sure you can get someone to install a co-ax outlet on your trailer. You can most likely do it your self. It's really not hard.

Good Luck

rodeohard
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2008-10-14 12:52 PM (#93039 - in reply to #92989)

New User

I have the KD and love it. Only issue is that I have DISH instead of Direct TV. Bad deal. Dish uses multiple satelites.. Prior post is correct on being line of sight. Other than that, it is a very nice deal when added to a DVR. Make sure you take it out of the trailer when not in use for and extended amount of time. Put it in the house and keep it on or it will take for ever to refresh and download......
mgisse
Reg. Dec 2005
Posted 2008-10-14 12:57 PM (#93040 - in reply to #92989)

When i sell or install any satellite system i always figure in a protable tripod mounted dish .So if you are camping some where that your roof mounted dish cant get a signal you can use the tripod dish to get one .

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)