'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
let's pimp the two horse bp!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-05-15 9:35 AM
4 replies, 3116 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

twoxover
Reg. May 2008
Posted 2008-05-15 7:22 AM (#83978)
Subject: let's pimp the two horse bp!

New User

Hi Everyone...

after much lurking here, and looking, and discussions....we've decided we really don't need to move up to a lq situation....the times we'd use it in a year are few, and can't justify the cost, etc....

what i'd like to do though, is make the existing trailer (a two hrose with dr bumper pull) more "friendly" to the hubby....ie, adding an awning, etc....so when at a horse show, he and the youngest have a place to hang

got any suggestions?  i've thought of the awning, have also thought of a small propane grill and either a 12v refrigerator or an lp refrigerator....thoughts???

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
KeepsakeFarm
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-05-15 7:45 AM (#83982 - in reply to #83978)
Subject: RE: let's pimp the two horse bp!

Veteran

Depends on how big the dressing room is mostly.  I had a fabulous used BP trailer that I stumbled across when I went to pick up my ordered trailer years ago and the dealer let me switch!  We evented at the time and the spouses hung out at the trailers/stalls a lot.

This trailer had room for my daughter's playpen in the door with lots of room for my stuff.  You need to keep your stuff contained and add things like seating, window? Lighting if you think he will stay inside, electricity and whatever you need for good reception for a portable TV, radio, DVD player,etc.  A fancy ice chest might be as good as a fridge and we have a George Foreman grill in the LQ trailer (I took out the stovetop!).  Portable vacume cleaner, mats, rugs, etc.  Good luck and have fun!

KeepsakeFarm
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-05-15 7:47 AM (#83983 - in reply to #83978)

Veteran

Oh, andI forgot - we added a medicine cabinet for "stuff" and that had a mirror on it.  Got stuff up off the floor.  And we took bikes everywhere too.
barntoys4mom
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-05-15 9:30 AM (#83994 - in reply to #83978)

Veteran

I really struggled with the idea of an awning. That a lot of money for 7 shows a year and for the same money, I decided to by a very small super quiet honda generator ($600) and a 10 x 10 free standing shade tent from wal-mart ($82). This allows greater freedom from the sun and keeps everyone from sitting infront of my dressing room door. It also allows us to use it at the beach, etc. Dollar for dollar, the generator was the best option for use, now we can use the tv/cd comb, coffee pot, fans, etc... and still enjoy more sq.footage of shade.
KeepsakeFarm
Reg. Feb 2008
Posted 2008-05-15 9:35 AM (#83995 - in reply to #83978)

Veteran

We used a canopy too.  And I have yet to get the awning out in my LQ trailer. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)