'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Ozark trails & a new B&B

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-01-09 9:25 PM
4 replies, 5400 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

equyne
Reg. Dec 2007
Posted 2007-12-22 7:24 AM (#73277)
Subject: Ozark trails & a new B&B

New User

This post is dual purpose.  I have just opened a B&B at my farm and offer overnight stabling for people traveling or in the area trail riding places like Sorghum Hollow (Mt. Magazine) Trails.  www.thefarmsteadbb.com

After 45 years of riding, my knees and back surgery make riding a challenge so I do a lot of driving and am looking for places to drive.  My carriage is made for marathon so extremely sturdy and can go on trails wide enough for ATVs but steep or really rocky doesn't work well.  Can anyone recomment places where I can drive?  Logging roads are fantastic.

Thanks

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-12-22 9:35 AM (#73282 - in reply to #73277)
Subject: RE: Ozark trails & a new B&B

Expert

I don't know about that as I live in a different region of the state,but I do know you're in some fantastic riding country!!! LOVE Arkansas.Lifetime native,and we do have good riding here,too.

calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2007-12-24 12:18 PM (#73352 - in reply to #73277)

Elite Veteran

Happy Hollidays!!!  My husband and I stumbled onto a place north of Eureka Springs, Ark... in Missouri, not too far from "Pea Ridge"... It is called Coldwater Creek Conservation Reserve.... south of Monett,MO. There was plenty of primitive camping sites.. Driving/wagon roads/logging roads, AND wilderness riding trails also... we stayed down there after being flooded out of Erbie (at the low water bridge, had to back a 60+ ft rig 5-6 miles at 11 PM in the dark..) We made lemonaide out of lemons and discovered a new stop when goin cross country to other places....
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2007-12-24 11:43 PM (#73359 - in reply to #73352)

Expert

Jane,that's not too far from Roaring River State Park,either,is it?
CNJ-QHORSES
Reg. Aug 2004
Posted 2008-01-09 9:25 PM (#74133 - in reply to #73277)

If you want to ride outside of MO, you can go to The Land Between the Lakes area in Kentucky. Super trails particularly for driving. Pretty scenery. When we were there a couple of years ago, we saw alot of carts and wagons. We considered the trails easy, but that is sometimes a nice treat and the horses enjoy doing some less strenuous riding too. In MO most of the National Forest areas have hard gravel roads that can be scenic to drive on. You can check out Laura Vonk's trail riding book too, as she does a nice job describing places to ride (including driving trails-or at least the one that we have does describe them). Happy driving.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)