'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Logan Furnace - How long will it last ?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-12-12 2:27 PM
4 replies, 3585 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Jasondt2001
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2006-12-11 7:07 PM (#52434)
Subject: Logan Furnace - How long will it last ?

We are looking into getting a logan 3 horse slant with small living quarters.
It has a built in furnace.
It also has 2 30# tanks and 2 batteries on the trailer.

I was wondering if i have NO hookups, just using the heater (maybe shower, but, there is some on premises so doubtful) how long will we have heat?
We would only be using it at night; could we make it 3 or 4 days you guys think?

Do you have to crack a window with the furnace like the small mr heaters? Or can i keep it closed up and just use the furnace?

Thanks everyone!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-12-11 7:39 PM (#52436 - in reply to #52434)
Subject: RE: Logan Furnace - How long will it last ?

Expert

You should have plenty of propane.  Unless it's really cold and furnace runs all night.  I have no idea how long the batteries will last. 

I have run my heater up elk hunting for several day and not run out of Propane. In fact I only fill my bottles once or twice a year.  But I run my generator every day. Most to run my Microwave to warm up some food. So my batteries get a boost in their charge.

sskinner
Reg. Feb 2004
Posted 2006-12-12 12:52 PM (#52460 - in reply to #52434)

Regular

I agree.  With full tanks you should have enough propane for quite a while. I think we fill our 20# bottle maybe once a year & that's running the fridge too. (we camp probably 20 nights/year - mostly in the fall)  You'll find that if the LQ are well insulated, that the furnace won't run much once it's up to temp.  And as heat rises, the bunk area will stay nice and toasty.  Be sure to conserve your batteries as once they're done, no more fan for the furnace & it could get kind of chilly :-)
Jasondt2001
Reg. Nov 2006
Posted 2006-12-12 1:31 PM (#52462 - in reply to #52434)

You guys are great. thank you so much, that's exactly the answers I was looking to hear!
headhunter
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2006-12-12 2:27 PM (#52464 - in reply to #52434)

Elite Veteran

Your concern won't be propane it will be battery life.  My husband and I lived in a 5th wheel while we built our house, the first three months without power.  We had solar panels and a generator to recharge the batteries, and in cold weather, we couldn't go 24 hours without a charge.  Of course this was heating a bigger space (34') and it was a few years old so may not have been as efficient a furnace as there is available now, but the furnace fan sucks alot of battery power. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)