'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Rinnai Water Heaters?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-12-10 5:10 AM
4 replies, 3287 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

racesarabhorses
Reg. Oct 2005
Posted 2006-12-08 5:55 PM (#52339)
Subject: Rinnai Water Heaters?

Veteran

I hear folks talking about hot water heaters in their trailers... but was wondering if something like a Rinnai on-demand hot water heater would make more sense.

Granted, a hot water heater will heat and hold hot water so you can shut your generator down for awhile... but I like the idea of not having a hot water heater take up space in my trailer AND I also like having hot water any time I need it.

Thoughts?

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
perfect11s
Reg. Sep 2005
Posted 2006-12-09 2:12 AM (#52353 - in reply to #52339)
Subject: RE: Rinnai Water Heaters?

Regular

most RV heaters work off propane some with  electric back up when you have a hook up. I have an atwood 6gall  got mine of ebay, there are pilot (has to lit manualy)   or electronic ignition which works of 12v  both should work for you ...hope this helps

Painted Horse
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-12-09 7:39 AM (#52358 - in reply to #52339)

Expert

When I was a kid growing up we had a camper on our pick up.  The water heater in that camper was a device that heated the water as needed.  There was no storage tank or if there was it was very small. It ran on propane and ignited when the hot water valve was opened and water moved through the system.

That's what I expected when I bought my trailer. I was surprised to find my hot water heater ran on electricty and not propane.

So in answer to your question. I think product similar to Rinnai have been used for 50 years in campers.

bjhouten
Reg. Nov 2004
Posted 2006-12-09 9:45 AM (#52360 - in reply to #52339)

Extreme Veteran

I have a friend you added one of these types of water heaters to her trailer several years ago,and she just loves it. She has a 2 horse GN 6' LQ, with a mid-tack. She put the water heater on the wall in the mid-tack. It's a realy cool trailer, it's a Soft Touch. I amazed at all the stuff they got in the LQ part. I guess the draw back is you have to have power to be able to use it. But it certainl works!-Betty
horsin around
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2006-12-10 5:10 AM (#52383 - in reply to #52339)

Extreme Veteran

That's an idea I've wondered also and started looking into it this past week. The one thing I did find is that you need to be sure one is RV compatiable. I found the one sold at Menards by the Moehn? company wouldn't be RV campatiable. Thanks for a new brand to research.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)