'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Comments on Cherokee trailers...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-05-31 4:14 PM
4 replies, 2982 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

walker
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-05-30 7:43 AM (#42390)
Subject: Comments on Cherokee trailers...

I looked at a 2004 Cherokee "Tomahawk" 3 horse, tack in rear; AC, water and paneled dressing room this weekend. It is very lightly used. I've never heard of them until we saw this one. Any general comments about this manufacturer and the quality of their trailers.

Of the 3 used trailers we sawthis weekend, this is the one we are thinking about purchasing. We wern't really looking for a finished dressing room... but it is only about $1k more than the other 2 without finished dressing rooms. I found their web-site and they boast about exceeding industry standards... but I can/would guess that most others do as well.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Diamond D Shane
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2006-05-30 8:19 AM (#42393 - in reply to #42390)
Subject: RE: Comments on Cherokee trailers...

we are a dealer for cherokee here in florida and i was the factory rep for cherokee for about 3 1/2 years so i have sold them for around 7 1/2 years now and they are a very well built trailer. they have been in business since 1989 and have always prided themselves on building a quaility trailer for a great price. hope this helps

Edited by Diamond D Shane 2006-05-30 8:20 AM
bonniejf
Reg. Oct 2004
Posted 2006-05-30 10:28 AM (#42398 - in reply to #42390)

Regular

I had never heard of Cherokee trailers before I bought mine in February either.  I bought a 2002 Cherokee Chief Plus 2H GN with unfinished dressing room.  When the trailer was delivered it was very very nasty.  In cleaning it up, I have been all over the thing, and I have been very pleased with its construction.  It is very solid.  I am currently building a weekender package in the front and I have found that everything is very straight and even, which is really nice to build off of.  I like that the rear tack will fold completely up and out of the way, and you can remove the center post to load almost anything on the trailer.  I initially had some problems with lights, and I called the 800 number to the manufacturer and they were more than helpful.  They also helped track down its exact weight when it was built.  Since I bought it, I have found a dealership in Mississippi that sells them.  The owner told me that he doesn't expect me to have any problems, but that Cherokee is excellent with handling any warranty issues and that they can get any replacement part I might ever need.  I look forward to having this trailer for years to come.
walker
Reg. May 2006
Posted 2006-05-30 11:49 AM (#42399 - in reply to #42390)

Thanks, sounds like a great trailer... I just called the dealership and they already sold it!  That was fast.

I guess someone else already had this information!

Edited by walker 2006-05-30 11:50 AM
cowpony01
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-05-31 4:14 PM (#42458 - in reply to #42399)

Extreme Veteran

The only comment I have is when we went to Nv. we stopped at a lot that had them, we were looking for a stock one, and they were awfully narrow, too narrow for cattle, so that detered us from buying one.....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)