'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Experiences - Kiefer Built Grand Prix bumper pulls?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-03-29 1:33 PM
4 replies, 4831 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

T*H*J
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-03-27 10:21 PM (#39630)
Subject: Experiences - Kiefer Built Grand Prix bumper pulls?

We are looking at getting a KB Grand Prix bp with dressing room.  We saw it at a local horse expo recently & were really impressed with the features & the quality that we saw (we spent a lot of time checking it out!).   It was basically what we were looking for & in our price range for new.

A person I board my horse with is also in the market for a trailer & was asking the dealerships about the KB & the Adams (her choice).  She shared with me what she was told:  that they are poorly built & fall apart after a year.  Also that the aluminum used in the skin is the cheapest quality & very thin.

I know of people who have steel KBs that they love & have no problems with however I have not heard any feedback on the Grand Prix with is aluminum skin & steel frame.

Anyone on here with an experiences with this particular trailer? 

(Thanks in advance!!)

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
Road Dog
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-03-28 3:20 PM (#39667 - in reply to #39630)
Subject: RE: Experiences - Kiefer Built Grand Prix bumper pulls?

Your friend was obviously at dealerships that don't sell KB. I would be leary of anyone who has to put down another manufacturers product to sell their own.
T*H*J
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-03-28 9:17 PM (#39689 - in reply to #39630)

Thanks for replying.

That's exactly what I thought, especially as she would've gone to the local dealers & the closest Kiefer dealer is 3 hrs away in Windsor.   I think we will take our chances & get the Kiefer one.      

This is a great forum BTW - I wish I'd found it sooner.

Oakley
Reg. Feb 2006
Posted 2006-03-29 8:42 AM (#39713 - in reply to #39689)

Your friend was not entirely wrong on their comments however I do not commend any dealer to run down a competitors trailer. The Grand Prix KB is their entry level aluminum trailer so there are some corners cut to save cost. The Genisis series is the step up. I wouldn't worry so much about the steel frame simply because it is stouter than the aluminum frame and it will only cause the trailer to weigh 3 to 4 hundred pounds more. What I would do is talk to the dealer and try and get the most trailer for the budget you have set. Also make sure that dealer has a full service shop that can take care of you on any minor things such as brake adjustments or anykind of warranty work.
T*H*J
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2006-03-29 1:33 PM (#39727 - in reply to #39630)

Thanks for your feedback Oakley.  Do you have any experiences you could share with me?  Feel free to PM if so.    

I was really surprised to find out that the GP was their entry level trailer.   It had so many nice features that we were looking for & seemed to be very well built (what we could see anyways).  I'm not really keen on the Genesis model.  It doesn't have the floating & removable divider that the GP has. 

I have to admit I was wondering why this new trailer was priced more reasonably priced compared to the others that are more prevalent in our area (namely Jamco & Sundowner dealers).  Mind you we are in the Toronto area & prices seem to be inflated on everything here compared to other areas of Ont.  The fact that the nearest KB dealer is 3 hrs away is something I took into consideration on the pricing of the KB.

While I'd like to have a trailer for this summer, I am going to go & look at some other brands, particularly the Trail-et New Yorker or the Merhow. 

Anyways, back to the old drawing board!   But I'd still love to hear from anyone else who has had any experience with these trailers.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)