'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Trailer leaking water into conversion..HELP!!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2006-03-10 9:40 PM
4 replies, 2637 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

highgatefarm
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-03-07 11:58 AM (#38381)
Subject: Trailer leaking water into conversion..HELP!!

Regular

My trailer started leaking water into the weekender package I just put in it last summer. A puddle of water pooled up behind the sink on the countertop next to the gooseneck drop. You can see the water beading up and dripping onto the counter through the wood striping that runs around the counter. The floor of the gooseneck is wet. It is a 05 Hawk trailer. I silicon caulked the intire seam at the roof. The water is still coming in. No water in my tanks. I checked the seal around the airconditioner and TV antena, put plastic over outside speakers. It is still coming in. I have no idea where the water is getting in at. Dueto snow storms so can not get it to a shop. I am down to rapping the intire front of the trailer in plastic drops. Has anyone had a leak like this coming into the conversion ???? HELP !!!!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
N2ridin
Reg. Nov 2003
Posted 2006-03-07 5:18 PM (#38398 - in reply to #38381)
Subject: RE: Trailer leaking water into conversion..HELP!!

Elite Veteran

Check your awning.  sometimes the rivets or screws used to secure awning to trailer, break through.  Rivets are good at popping through and causing a leak
Shari
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2006-03-07 7:30 PM (#38403 - in reply to #38381)

Veteran

We have trouble by the door and up by the bed on the same side as door. Had new seal put in around air conditioner. It has to be a wierd rain for this to happen. Hubby caulked but still getting the wet once in a while. Will have him check the awning. Irritateing isn't it?
highgatefarm
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-03-08 10:44 AM (#38436 - in reply to #38381)

Regular

I will check the awning since it was just put on last September and had no leaking before that. We do have weird crazy weather here where I live. This is such a nice trailer. I am going to get it to a shop I hope soon. Small breakss in the weather. I am really suprised this happen. I will let you know what I find out. Thanks, T
highgatefarm
Reg. May 2005
Posted 2006-03-10 9:40 PM (#38641 - in reply to #38381)

Regular

The more I look at the leak that happen after a big rain storm I am now thinking my failure to cover up the outside speaker my have been the problem. The two outside speakers where facing the vertical driving rain I covered they up after that. The leak has stoped and it is drying out and am thinking I learned a big lesson. Cover the outside speakers !!! Not 100% this was the leak but think it is logical. T
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)