'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
1997 Bison Trailer 2H BP Help Please

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-05-09 1:03 AM
4 replies, 6181 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TanyaB
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2011-04-19 8:38 PM (#133208)
Subject: 1997 Bison Trailer 2H BP Help Please

I recently purchased a 1997 Bison trailer its a dark blue green with metallic trim from a dealer. I am trying to import it into Canada. The Canadian gov is telling me the Vin is invalid so I contacted Bison and they are trying to decipher the problem. So the problem now is that they dont have much for records for this older trailer and they are having problems themselves trying to work it out for me. So my question is does anyone out there have this same trailer? I do have pics. Bsion asked me for the model # which is not on the registration so I have no idea? It only says HT which I assume is "horse trailer". The bottom has been undercoated so I've had to clean off the axle tags etc trying to find the model number but nothing. I know the first part of the vin 43B is Bison and the last 4 numbers are the same ones that are stamped on the trailer. But the entire vin is not there. If anyone can be of any help at all I would really appreciate it. Im at my wits end trying to figure this all out. Guess that happens with a 14 year old trailer, all those important labels wear off!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
dallyup
Reg. Mar 2011
Posted 2011-04-19 8:54 PM (#133210 - in reply to #133208)
Subject: RE: 1997 Bison Trailer 2H BP Help Please

Age doesn't wear those numbers off. somebody did. Anyway in the state of ND if there is no title for the trailer, or the vin numbers don't match, but you have a bill of sale, The ND highway patrol will come inspect a trailer, have you weld a permanent number on the trailer, re-inspect, and then a title can be issued. Find out what laws there are in the state of purchase, so you can get a title for this trailer, with a proper vin number...

good luck.

TanyaB
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2011-04-19 10:47 PM (#133221 - in reply to #133210)

I have the title but RIV in Canada is saying that it is an invalid vin when they check the NHTSA database. I had the local police in Maine run the vin and they have it in their system. Also The last 4 digits of the vin are on the tongue of the trailer, the preceding ones are not, I even removed the paint looking for them. Bison even says it is one of their vins so I can't determine where the problem is.

dallyup
Reg. Mar 2011
Posted 2011-04-20 8:23 AM (#133235 - in reply to #133208)

Holy cow, sorry I couldn't help, good luck.
danigirl
Reg. Apr 2011
Posted 2011-05-09 1:03 AM (#133961 - in reply to #133208)

Call the Bison Manufacturer to help you. The guys are really helpful and will tell you what the probably is. contact 574-658-4161 and ask for customer service I spoke with the sales guy there and he was extremely helpful. Even sent out a full manual at N/C to help. They know everything about everything and will help you. good luck Glen Burkholder sales guy helped me a ton. Hope this helps! He also ships to canadian companies like Allandale in Alberta - who could help you too. Good luck Dani
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)