'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Power Converter in Featherlite

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-09-20 6:42 PM
4 replies, 6480 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

GoinJettin
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2010-09-17 11:40 PM (#124984)
Subject: Power Converter in Featherlite

New User

Trying to locate the power converter in my Featherlite trailer. Not sure where to look. The fuse box was easy to locate but I don't actually know what the converter looks like or where to look for it.

One day trailer was working just fine. Next time we plugged it in to charge it we had no power and the battery will not charge. Any other ideas what could cause this? The trailer is a 1999, so, it's been around for awhile. Thanks for any help or input!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
gard
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2010-09-18 4:08 PM (#124994 - in reply to #124984)
Subject: RE: Power Converter in Featherlite

Expert

The power center is usually located near to where the most amount of circuits are needed, IE the galley area. It is also usually nearby to where the shore cord enters the LQ. In our Showtime interior, it is under the sink, in our Sierra interior it is above the galley. The actual placement will vary from trailer to trailer and LQ conversion companies.

There is usually a master breaker (30 amp) that controls the panel. This may be tripped or the circuit that is feeding the shore cord may be open as well.

301duster
Reg. Jan 2009
Posted 2010-09-19 9:31 AM (#125003 - in reply to #124984)

Veteran

Both my 96 and 97 Featherlite with factory LQ had the power converter mounted down low right by the entrance door. You should have fuses and breakers in the same location. Check the breakers.
GoinJettin
Reg. Feb 2005
Posted 2010-09-19 4:06 PM (#125008 - in reply to #125003)

New User

Thanks......

I think I found it, a small grey box with cords running into it.  The LQ is just a small 4 feet with a shower, toilet and closet.  The box is in the closet near where the plug in on the outside of the trailer is. 

I'm at a loss and checking/replacing the converter box was one thing that was suggest.  I have one 15 amp fuse left to check, otherwise have checked all of them.  Everything worked fine one day and the next nothing.....no power when plugged in, no power to the battery and the battery isn't charging.  Any other suggestions on what it could be?

Edited by GoinJettin 2010-09-19 4:10 PM
SRWilson
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2010-09-20 6:42 PM (#125068 - in reply to #124984)

Regular

#1  Unplug it!  if you have no power in the trailer and it is plugged in, you either have a bad connection somewhere or the power is grounded to something it shouldn't be and your power is also going somewhere it shouldn't.

Check to see if you have a good connection from your shore line and trace it from there.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)