'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
horse trailer options

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-08-18 11:20 AM
4 replies, 2879 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

smartcook
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2010-08-17 12:04 AM (#123636)
Subject: horse trailer options

New User

I am looking for a used 3 horse Featherlite slant load all aluminum horse trailer with living quarters.  I already own a featherlite without LQ.  I plan on using the trailer with LQ for travelling with horses of course but also for taking dogs to competitions.  So, not ever having living quarters before,  I was wondering what options and wiring types I should be looking for.  Any suggestions would be helpful as I am not sure what is available anymore.  I have looked on several sites but don;t know what half the things are.  For example, I asked one dealer the capacities of the water tanks and his response was not too small and not too big.  I asked another dealer about how tall the trailer was and he said, Pretty tall. 

Anyone know anything about what I should be looking for in terms of  A/C, furnaces, types of fridges, stoves, generators, microwaves, washroom,....etc.

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
laurie
Reg. Jun 2004
Posted 2010-08-17 8:05 AM (#123637 - in reply to #123636)
Subject: RE: horse trailer options

Extreme Veteran

Not sure why they couldn't answer you but you should be able to see the specs in there brochure or on line
horsecamper
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2010-08-17 12:29 PM (#123654 - in reply to #123636)

Veteran

smartcook,  If you are where it can get cold, make sure that your prospective trailer has a propane furnace.  The heat strip things will just take the edge off.  You will still be really cold.  My other requirements, but it's my preference because I camp, is a stove top and a large fridge.  If you are interested in a Featherlite, they have good factory interiors and they will list all of the specs of both the trailer and the LQ conversion.  Look at the Universal (Featherlite's parent company) or Featherlite website for trailer specs.  Look here on HTW forum for the generator discussions.  Many of the ladies prefer two 2000 inverter generators with a parallel kit.
smartcook
Reg. Aug 2010
Posted 2010-08-17 3:34 PM (#123662 - in reply to #123636)

New User

thanks, I will add those to the list.  Is there anything I should know about air conditioning and furnaces?  or about the bathrooms?  water tanks?
horsecamper
Reg. Sep 2008
Posted 2010-08-18 11:20 AM (#123718 - in reply to #123636)

Veteran

smartcook,  A propane furnace is a propane furnace, unless it is ducted, which will only be on the bigger LQ's.  When you are looking at the pictures of trailers for sale the non ducted propane will have a small metal panel, like 8x8 inches somewhere centrally located in the LQ. The ducted will have several small round vents.  For the bathroom, I like a separate toilet and shower, not a combo unit.  Because I camp, it is important to me to have both a large fresh water tank and large waste water tanks.  On my Featherlite, even though the LQ is small (6.5 SW), the fresh water tank is 40 gallons, and each of the waste water tanks (black and grey) is 27 gallons.  Previously I was in a situation with another trailer with two people and we ran out of water so fast because the tanks were too small. 
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)