'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Sundowner Horizon model?

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2010-07-26 12:56 PM
4 replies, 4111 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

Jordan84
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2010-07-22 2:56 PM (#122676)
Subject: Sundowner Horizon model?

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about the Sundowner Horizon model trailer?

My husband and I have been shopping for a used 3H w/a small LQ (4-8' short wall) and they've all been between $20-25k, and I just found a new Horizon 6904 model for $26k.  My initial thought was that they must be cheaply made to be priced so well, but then again I can't really see Sundowner putting their name on something that wasn't decent?  Any thoughts/opinions/advice?  Or suggestions on any brands that are comparable in price?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, this is such a big decision and it is stressing me out a little bit!

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2010-07-22 9:54 PM (#122692 - in reply to #122676)
Subject: RE: Sundowner Horizon model?

Expert

I have friends with sundowner horizons that are very happy with em, 97 models or so.  Can't tell you anything about the new ones......good luck and don't stress, enjoy the process and the trailer when you get it!!
Jordan84
Reg. Jul 2010
Posted 2010-07-22 10:14 PM (#122694 - in reply to #122676)

Thanks so much! I've been out of the "horse world" since 2002 and so much has changed since then; there are so many brands of trailers that I have never heard of before.

So nice to get advice from a fellow Arkansan! Thanks again!
jim bob
Reg. Jan 2008
Posted 2010-07-23 9:44 AM (#122719 - in reply to #122676)

Extreme Veteran

The "new" Horizon models are differenet from the ones built in the 90's; in that they are aluminum LQ model trailers today, whereas the the "old" Horizon's were an all steel built non living quarters trailers.

We have been a Sundowner dealer for a long time, as well as being a dealer for several other brands of horse trailers.  The Sundowner Horizon's are a very well built trailer with the same high quality interior components in the living quarters that Sundowner has always been known for.  The company has cut manufacturing costs and profit margins in order to come with this great product at a super competitive price.

You needn't be worried about the quality and longevity of this product.  We have many happy Sundowner LQ trailer owners; with one customer still pulling a 1990 Sundowner living quaters trailer that still performs well and looks like new.  Please feel free to PM me for any othe questions or help I can give you.

dweber2000
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2010-07-26 12:56 PM (#122793 - in reply to #122719)

Jim Bob, I have a Sundowner Horizon and love it. Question from a thread on BHW.

Are we supposed to leave propane refrigerators on ALL THE TIME-while parked and going down the road?

Should we leave refrigerator on by plugging in trailer all the time? Isn't that hard on trailer batteries?

On BHW people are saying refrigerators need to be plugged in to stay working correctly.  Thanks, deb weber   Medicinehatgirl on BHW.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)