'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
ACTHA- American Competitive Trail Horse Association

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2009-03-11 2:57 PM
4 replies, 4819 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

TillysMom
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2009-03-09 10:38 AM (#100933)
Subject: ACTHA- American Competitive Trail Horse Association

Hey gang, I am new here..was told this may be a good space to let everyone know about trail riding and RFDTV as well as a great Association ACTHA.

NEWS FLASH************* ACTHA is about to air a lot on RFDTV with features on the Horse Show...it would be a good idea to reserve your date now and sign up so we don't have to worry about conflicting rides in your area!
Once you pick a date(s) we'll protect you and not schedule any competing ride too near you.?!
Show will Air 3/17/09, watch and if you have questions contact me!

Greetings,

My name is Diane and I represent ACTHA, American Competitive Trail Horse Association. Our mission is to help you raise money for your club/organization/rescue or yourself at no cost to you!

We are an organization that has been around for 3 years and we are growing and need your help! We will provide you with all the material you will need, free of cost. We provide the insurance as well.

Our goal is to make trail horses, more than just trail horses. And in the process help your organization make money at no cost to you! We provide a scoring system that is kept on record to place more value on your horse no matter if it‘s registered or what breed it is. We give people the opportunity to enjoy their horses on a scenic trail with natural obstacles and a judge at each obstacle. Rides are typically 6 miles long, 2-3 hours.

This also helps people bond with their horses, to learn to trust each other on the trail and enjoy friends and family on the ride too!

The problem we are currently facing is not enough places to ride. This is where you come in or perhaps your club or organization.

If you signed on you would be considered an Affiliate, as an Affiliate, there is NO cost to you what-so-ever, all we need is 6 miles of trail (or 300-400 acres) to have rides. Think of it like, if you went on a trail ride and can walk your horse 2.5-3 hours, then you have enough trail!

Do not have that kind of acreage? That's okay, you can always use State parks!

We provide the help to have a ride, the insurance and you have fun and make money while you are at it.

You have the opportunity to make money for yourself ($2000-$5000), your club or organization. Please read the below attached and if you have further questions, please contact me. I will be in contact with you in a few days to see if you have questions and are interested in signing as an Affiliate. Remember signing as an Affiliate is free, and the Affiliate agreement is NOT a legal document, it is simply so that we may get you in the system with a tentative Month that you want your ride.

I hope you can join us in making the Horse, More than Just a Trail Horse.

Sincerely,

Diane Mentz

ACTHA Wrangler

Certified Equine Appraiser

NEWS FLASH************* ACTHA is about to air a lot on RFDTV with features on the Horse Show...it would be a good idea to reserve your date now and sign up so we don't have to worry about conflicting rides in your area!

Once you pick a date(s) we'll protect you and not schedule any competing ride too near you.?!
Watch the Rick Lamb (Horse Show) March 17th.

This is family fun riding at it’s best, when applicable we also have

* Best Dog Contest

* Best Groomed Horse

* Best Dressed Man rider

* Best dressed Woman rider

Our Mission…

To create an enjoyable venue showcasing the wonderful attributes of the Great American Trail Horse and granting them the recognition they so richly deserve.

To create a registry open to all breeds and a point designation system which will stay with each horse for it’s lifetime, thereby adding to their value and distinction.

To enable and initiate humane treatment option for horses.

if you would like more info I can email it too you! If you want to host (affiliate) a ride I can get the  form to you to sign and put a potential ride date, the form is not a legal form, it just helps get you in the system and gets materials to you right away!
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
cowpony01
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2009-03-09 12:29 PM (#100942 - in reply to #100933)
Subject: RE: ACTHA- American Competitive Trail Horse Association

Extreme Veteran

Saw this online while browsing awhile back. It's great if your into the Trail Trials, or NATRC stuff.  I was hoping when I found it it had a riding log program, like AQHA or a bunch others that I'm into. I enjoy earning the patches and putting them on my AQHA miles jacket I won too. I have all kinds of mileage and hour patches from several of those programs on it.

I hope this program doesn't fizz out like the ATHA. They were thinking of not having their trail mileage program. When I reached 2,000 miles they just quit sending me stuff, and to get ahold of them was impossible, and the excusses I got were getting old. Hope the ATHA gets back up and going or has some better office help or support or something

Edited by cowpony01 2009-03-09 12:31 PM
TillysMom
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2009-03-09 12:53 PM (#100945 - in reply to #100933)

I know what you mean about ATHA, I had a lot of problems with them too.

We do keep a log of points for your horse at ACTHA, it's a perm. record on your horses file.

Granted they do not send out things, due to the fact that there is prizes given on 1-6th place. But I will mention it too them! In the past I was involved with the incentive program with Arabians and received all kinds of fun stuff for miles logged!

Well keep an eye on our site and watch the Horse show on March 17th, they are filming the Tyler Texas ride that is happening on the 14th.

Thanks for looking and have fun on the trail!

cowpony01
Reg. Mar 2006
Posted 2009-03-11 2:42 PM (#101143 - in reply to #100945)

Extreme Veteran

Nice to know I'm not the only one then that had probs. with ATHA. I didn't renew my membership. They told me I was the only member with the highest miles, pretty sad that no one was really into that assoc. much.

Yup, did the AHA ride program too.

See if they will do a log program as alot of folk don't keep points trail riding, LOL!!! Unless you count the hits to the face by tree limbs from time to time,LOL!!! Ok, now if I did trail trials through CSHA (Calif. State Horsemans Assoc.) and accumilated points would that work towards the point program you're talking about?

Will Have to go through your site more in depth when I get a free hour.....

TillysMom
Reg. Mar 2009
Posted 2009-03-11 2:57 PM (#101147 - in reply to #101143)

at reallt is sad, I was hoping the ATHA was gonna be a big thing when I sent in the money. Just seemed to fizzle..

The points earned through ACTHA are for the judging of obstacles..so it is exclusive to what you do thru ACTHA. But this is a good question and I will ask the powers that be to make sure I am on the right track!

I hear ya' about the tree branches! LOL

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)