'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
Gas Cooktop

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-11-15 5:20 PM
4 replies, 2433 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trailer Talk  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

gaitin
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2008-11-15 9:06 AM (#94928)
Subject: Gas Cooktop

Regular

I want to change out the gas cooktop in my trailer.  Mine sits up above the counter surface and has a cover on it.  Takes up too much usable counter space.  There is now an upgrade being offered by trailer companies.  It is a recessed cooktop with a glass cover that is flush with the counter surface.  Does anyone have one these in their trailer?  I want to know what the brand is.  I have been all over the web and can't seem to find one.  Thanks
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
dawnb
Reg. Aug 2007
Posted 2008-11-15 11:35 AM (#94935 - in reply to #94928)
Subject: RE: Gas Cooktop

Veteran

We got in our new trailer but I'm at work right now and I don't know the brand. The one thing I don't like about it is I think you are limited to certain pot sizes. My reasoning is when you closse the glass top down there is what looks and feels like round rubber bumper(about the size of an pencil) that I would think would melt if it got hot by an over size pan being on the burner. I haven't contacted the manufacture to find yet if it would melt. Oh yea and that the knobs are down there also. I guess that is good reason to use the big pots and pans on the portable grill outside.
gaitin
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2008-11-15 11:56 AM (#94937 - in reply to #94935)

Regular

Thanks for the info.  It's good to hear both the pros and cons.  I appreciate any info you can give me.  Is this a complete unit that will just install in the cut out or will it require an enclosed space to be built for the unit to sit in?  I can recess the cooktop I have but a box has to be built to enclose it under the countertop.  Seems much easier to find a unit that is complete or self-contained.
greyhorse
Reg. Nov 2005
Posted 2008-11-15 2:51 PM (#94941 - in reply to #94928)

Extreme Veteran

I have a recessed top but the cover was done by the conversion company. The cover is just a piece of countertop that swings up against the wall behind it, it also has hinges in the middle so it folds in half when you swing it up. I believe the recessed burners (3 of them) are Suburban.
gaitin
Reg. Sep 2006
Posted 2008-11-15 5:20 PM (#94946 - in reply to #94928)

Regular

Thanks for your reply.  The cooktop I have now is a Suburban.  Sounds like yours is installed like we were thinking of doing ours.  I was just hoping to find a cooktop that was recessed into a complete unit so we wouldn't have to build the box or compartment that it sits in.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)