'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
DuPont Forest

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-10-28 7:55 PM
4 replies, 3338 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

randemtam
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-10-23 7:06 PM (#93501)
Subject: DuPont Forest

Extreme Veteran

We're considering riding DuPont in March. Where is the best place to camp if you want to ride DuPont that has electric and water?
share Top of the page Bottom of the page
dweber2000
Reg. Oct 2008
Posted 2008-10-23 10:14 PM (#93515 - in reply to #93501)
Subject: RE: DuPont Forest

AS you may have heard, The Ultimate Ride Campground is not the easiest, most relaxing place to stay for many reasons: like a difficult camp manager, steep grades up and down just to get into campsite, and, a quarter mile of 2-lane road riding to the trail head in a place where people do not slow down for horses. It was beautiful, but I would not ride DuPont again if I had to stay there. I, too, am curious about different places to stay while riding DuPont.
galsgottaride
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-10-27 6:56 PM (#93749 - in reply to #93501)

Veteran

Ok folks, here is where to camp to ride DuPont: Hollyview Farms. They have a website and it has reviews on the Horse Trails and Campground directory. Just go to the N.C. camps. The owner and her dad are wonderful. They have elect. and water at the site, a bathhouse and a nice barn right there at your sites. She takes you (by trailer) to whichever trails you want to ride and drops you off and will be right there to pick you up whenever you say or you can call (cells work fine there) She will give you the info on all of the DuPOnt trails and also Pisgah Trails. I wasn't sure how I would like the trailer thing (it's literally down the road) but I really was just fine!! She has a stock or a two-horse, depending on the amount of people. Our horses did great and so did we!!! I sure will be going back. DuPont is really beautiful and it's a shame that there are not more camps opening...someone will. In the meantime, give Hollyview a try. Had a great time !!
randemtam
Reg. Jun 2007
Posted 2008-10-28 6:27 PM (#93826 - in reply to #93749)

Extreme Veteran

Hey, thanks for the info on Hollyview. That is one of the places we have been considering. After hauling to different areas when we camped in Alabama last March, we don't mind at all. Especially if someone will tote us! We may just give them a try.

galsgottaride
Reg. May 2007
Posted 2008-10-28 7:55 PM (#93833 - in reply to #93826)

Veteran

Sure thing!! It's kinda homey-like and very clean. Sites are flat and you back right in up to a little creek behind you. If you can , ask for site #2. It is next to a shelter area that is nice. Good barn and stalls....I think you will like it. Not real fancy, but welcoming. You surely will enjoy DuPont...take your camera! Happy trails!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)