'
Forums Albums Skins 1
Search Register Logon

You are logged in as a guest. Logon or register an account to access more features.
OTHER FORUMS:    Barrel Horses  -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 
'
rode Lonesome D/ Devil's Den, Ark....

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2008-10-02 8:47 AM
4 replies, 4734 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Camp & Trail  Click to return to Barrel Talk
Refresh
Message format

calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2008-09-30 12:54 PM (#92360)
Subject: rode Lonesome D/ Devil's Den, Ark....

Elite Veteran

Went to Lonesome D last weekend... had a great ride on Friday, then about twenty 4-wheelers came into camp that evening and Saturday morning. We left early (along with about 6-7 other trailers) and went to Devil's Den south of Fayetteville, Ark. We rode pretty trails at both places and I would like to post some pics off my CD... how the heck do I do it????

share Top of the page Bottom of the page
ponytammy
Reg. Jan 2005
Posted 2008-09-30 10:24 PM (#92391 - in reply to #92360)
Subject: RE: rode Lonesome D/ Devil's Den, Ark....

Elite Veteran

Glad to know that the camp isn't for horses only. This WAS on my list for next year. Too bad you had to leave after taking the time and money to get there, not to mention the hassle of setting up camp and then leaving. How are the trails at Devils Den? That is on my list too. :)
crowleysridgegirl
Reg. Apr 2005
Posted 2008-09-30 11:21 PM (#92394 - in reply to #92391)

Expert

We have friends that used to ride Devil's Den for many yrs.I've heard that the trails are badly eroded,but,I haven't talked to anyone that has actually been on them recently.I've also heard that they are working on an improved horse camp there.

Has anyone ever ridden at Mt.Magazine? Views are outstanding up there,but,I think it is all primitive camp at this point? THey also are working on a campground w/full hookups.

Thanks for the info on Lonesome D.I wonder if Bar Fifty also allows 4 wheelers to come in? What a rip off,I thought that Lonesome D was ONLY horse trails.Guess we will plan on a Buffalo River camp next yr,Mack's Pines,or Bar Fifty instead. 

calamityj
Reg. Jun 2005
Posted 2008-10-01 8:42 PM (#92425 - in reply to #92360)

Elite Veteran

We rode Mt. Magazine last week... beautiful!!!! We enjoyed the traills at Devil's Den. They had re-routed some trails that were eaten out by water or other... The camp was decent. We really enjoyed our time and plan to go to Erbie within the next couple of weeks.. the economy sucks, so we really need to enjoy life to it's fullest now. Happy Trails.
flyinghfarm
Reg. Mar 2004
Posted 2008-10-02 8:47 AM (#92440 - in reply to #92360)

Expert

Bar 50 is a multi use facility, 4 wheelers use those trails also, much of which is not actually owned by Bar 50.  Lonesome D also utilizes national forest trails, which are open to multi-use.  Having said that, at both places, there are trails that are more narrow and suited better to horses, and some old logging roads that work for both 4 wheelers and stock.  We have met 4 wheelers at both places, who were courteous and curious (maybe cuz I am on a mule, who thinks all cyclists and ATV folks have mule snacks) and not a problem at all, on many trails I have met no one other than equine folks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

'
Registered to: Horse Trailer World
(Delete all cookies set by this site)